AFP Western Command
|Active||March 28, 2001 – Present|
|Role||Conventional and Unconventional Warfare, Anti-Guerrilla Operations, Protecting the Sovereign Territory|
|Part of||Under the Armed Forces of the Philippines|
|Garrison/HQ||Puerto Princesa, Palawan|
|Motto(s)||Protector of the West Philippine Sea and the Last Frontier|
We Do It
|Engagements||Anti-guerilla operations against the NPA, Abu Sayyaf Group and local criminal elements|
|VADM Alberto B. Carlos, AFP |
|Unit Patch||Western Command Emblem|
The Western Command (abbrv. as WESCOM) is the Armed Forces of the Philippines' unified command in charge of the islands of Palawan and Kalayaan, including the disputed Spratly Islands group. It is responsible for the defense of these areas against external aggresion, as well as combating terrorism and insurgency.
- Anti-guerrilla operations against the New People's Army
- Anti-terrorist operations against known terror groups operating in their AOR.
- Guarding and patrol operation on Philippine occupied Spratly Islands (Kalayaan Island Group).
- Defense and Protection of Palawan and islands in the West Philippine Sea against Chinese Aggression.
- Joint Multinational Search and Rescue Operations for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
The following are the units that are under the Western Command:
- Tactical Operations Wing West, PAF
- Naval Forces West, PN
- MBLT-3, PMC
- MBLT-4, PMC
- 18th Special Forces Company (Riverine), PA
- 3rd Marine Brigade, PMC
- ^ "PNP chief's younger brother named new Wescom commander". Philippine News Agency.
- ^ "PH joins SE Asia search for Malaysian plane". Rappler. 8 March 2014.