|Traded as||TSX: AGF.B|
|Blake Goldring, chairman and chief executive officer|
|Products||Mutual funds, AGF Elements, AGFiQ ETFs, Harmony|
Number of employees
AGF Management Limited is a Canadian-based independent and diversified asset management firm.
AGF began as a single idea: to pool the funds of Canadian investors to provide greater access to the U.S. market. The American Growth Fund, created in 1957, was the first mutual fund in Canada to invest solely in U.S. equities and its initials, AGF, became the company's namesake.
Today, under the leadership of chairman and CEO Blake Goldring, AGF has a suite of diverse investment solutions which extends globally to a wide range of clients, from individual investors and financial advisors to institutions, including pension plans, corporate plans, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations.
AGF is a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and a sustaining member of the Responsible Investment Association (RIA). AGF is also a member of CDP, 30% Club Canada and CERE INCR.
Lines of Business
AGF's fundamental actively-managed platform includes a broad range of equity and fixed income strategies. This platform delivers products to retail and institutional investors as well as strategic partners.
AGFiQ is the quantitative investment platform which delivers custom solutions in a variety of vehicles from mutual funds to ETFs to model portfolios.
AGF's private client platform, which includes Cypress Capital Management Limited, located in Vancouver, Doherty & Associates Ltd., with offices in Ottawa and Montreal, and the private client business of Highstreet, located in London, Ontario, provides solutions for high-net-worth individuals, endowments, and foundations in key markets across Canada.
In 2014, AGF established a joint venture with Instar Group Inc. (Instar) to form InstarAGF Inc. (InstarAGF), in which the firm holds a 51% economic interest. InstarAGF, an integral element of AGF's alternative business strategy, is an independent alternative asset management firm with an emphasis on real assets, including infrastructure investments, in the North American middle market. AGF's alternatives business includes distinctive investment products like the flagship InstarAGF Essential Infrastructure Fund (EIF) and Stream Asset Financial LP (Stream).
Ownership and Management
The Goldring family, including Blake Goldring and Judy Goldring, have control of AGF through the Goldring Capital trust, which has an 80% share of Class-A voting shares.
Blake Goldring was named president in 1997, chief executive officer in 2000 and chairman in 2006. Under his leadership, AGF has grown to be a premier independent investment management company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia.
What are you doing after work? campaign
Starting in 1999 and revisited in 2004, AGF launched an award-winning campaign with the insight that eventually everyone retires. The TV and print campaign featured super heroes in comic situations in their retirement.
- "AGF co-founder Goldring leaves legacy of innovation". Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "AGF Management Ltd". Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "AGF Search". Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "ESG Integration: How the AGF Clean Environment Fund Makes a Difference". www.riacanada.ca. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "AGF launches seven new ETFs". Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "AGF taking over Cypress Capital". Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "AGF buys P.J. Doherty, adding to private business". Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "AGF to acquire High Street to boost institutional assets". Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "Company Overview of InstarAGF Asset Management Inc". Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- "AGF Management LimitedHead Office". Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "AGF enters world of ETFs with purchase of Boston-based FFCM". Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "Company Overview of AGF International Advisors Company Limited". Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "AGF Management Expands to Tokyo, Beijing". Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "AGF opens office in Hong Kong". Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "Company Overview of AGF Asset Management Asia Ltd". Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "Strategy - Agency of the Year - Bronze: Young & Rubicam: AGF Mutual Funds". Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- "AGF Extended HULK AD". Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- "AGF turns attention to brokers to boost brand's appeal". Retrieved 2018-07-12.