AHRQ Health Care Innovations Exchange
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|AHRQ Health Care Innovations Exchange|
|Sector||Public - U.S. Agency for healthcare research and quality|
|Parent Agency||U.S. Department of Health and Human Services|
|Purpose||Quality improvement in health care delivery|
|Website||AHRQ Health Care Innovations Exchange (www.innovations.ahrq.gov)|
The U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) created the Health Care Innovations Exchange to speed the implementation of new and better ways of delivering health care and reducing health disparities nationwide. The AHRQ Health Care Innovations Exchange offers health care professionals and researchers opportunities for sharing, learning about, and adopting evidence-based innovations and tools suitable for health care settings and patient populations. Each of the innovation profiles on the site contains an evidence rating that describes how strong the relationship is between the innovation and the reported results.
As of August 2013, the site contains:
- 800 health care innovations covering topics such as health information technology, nursing care, patient safety, cultural competence, and preventive services;
- 1500 free, online resources to help assess and improve health care quality ("QualityTools"); and
- 50 articles and an adoption guide that provide support for implementing innovations in different settings.
Two groups of experts from the health care field provide guidance for the site's content. The Expert Panel provides guidance on strategy and direction while the Editorial Board provides guidance on innovation content and adoption and implementation strategies.
Users can share health care innovations with the larger community by submitting their innovations online or by commenting on innovations within the collection.
The AHRQ Health Care Innovations Exchange hosts several Web events each year in which participants can engage with innovators from various disciplines. In 2013, the series focused on health information exchange, accountable care organization, and patient-centered medical home programs in Delaware, West Virginia and Maryland.
History and implementation
- Ireland, Belinda (2013-04-02). "Free Resources for Quality Improvement from AHRQ Innovations Exchange - Improve the Quality of Your QI". Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- About the AHRQ Health Care Innovations Exchange at AHRQ.gov
- AHRQ Web resource features 100 examples of health care innovations and tools. Announcement at AHRQ.gov, June 2008.
- Health Care Innovations Exchange II. Description of AHRQ-Westat contract at FedBizOpps.gov