|This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (December 2012)|
Undocking of AIDAsol.
|Port of registry:||Genoa, Italy|
|Status:||Complete & Handed over to AIDA|
|Class and type:||Sphinx series cruise ship|
|Length:||252 m (826.77 ft)|
|Beam:||32.2 m (105.64 ft)|
AIDAsol is a Sphinx class cruise ship, built at Meyer Werft for AIDA Cruises. She is the fifth Sphinx series ship, preceded by sisters AIDAdiva, AIDAbella, AIDAluna, and AIDAblu, and followed by AIDAmar. AIDAsol was delivered in March 2010. She has been competed and is awaiting to be christened on 9 April 2011.
Concept and Construction
AIDAsol was ordered in 13 December 2007, together with her unnamed sister, at Meyer Werft by Carnival Corporation & plc, the parent company of AIDA. It also marked the decision to increase the tonnage and capacity of the then under construction AIDAblu, to 71,000-GT and 2,174 passengers, which makes AIDAsol and AIDAmar her twin sisters in the Sphinx class. The naming ceremony is scheduled in 9 April 2011 in Kiel, Germany.
AIDAsol will be similarly designed from her latest predecessor, AIDAblu. Facilities included are an additional deck, an onboard brewery and a 2,300-m2 spa facility. AIDAsol will be 252 meters in length and 32 meters wide.
- "AIDA Cruises names newbuilding eight AIDAsol". Cruise Business Review. Cruise Media Oy Ltd. 9 November 2009. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "AIDAsol". Meyerwerft website. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "M/S AIDAsol". SeaScanner. Archived from the original on 28 April 2010. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- CARNIVAL CORPORATION & PLC ORDERS TWO NEW 71,000-TON CRUISE SHIPS FOR AIDA CRUISES BRAND; INCREASES CAPACITY OF A PREVIOUSLY ORDERED VESSEL (PDF). Meyerwerft website. 13 December 2007. Retrieved 9 May 2010
- "AIDA's eight ships calling at 160 ports in 2011/2012". Cruise Industry News. 24 February 2010. Archived from the original on 5 March 2010. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "Sonnige Aussichten - AIDAsol ist jüngster Flottenzuwachs". AIDA Cruises (in German). Retrieved 31 March 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AIDAsol.|
- Shipyard webcam
- "Aidasol undergoes its baptism in Kiel" - Reise News
- "In-vehicle Breweries" - THB
- "A Pout is baptized in Kiel" - SHZ
- "Aida Crusaders set sail for the Black and the Red Sea" - Hamburger Abendblatt