|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company, or VALIC, a subsidiary of American International Group, Inc., (AIG), is an insurance corporation that specializes in tax-qualified retirement plans, supplemental tax-deferred and after-tax investments. VALIC's CEO is Jana Greer.
VALIC's headquarters are in Houston, Texas. VALIC ranks in the top 10 of all U.S. and Canadian life insurance companies, based on more than $86 billion in total customer assets under management as of December 31, 2014. The company is a certified member of the Insurance Marketplace Standards Association (IMSA).
As of December 31, 2014, VALIC has more than $86 billion in total customer assets under management and manages plans for nearly 24,000 groups serving more than 2 million plan participants in 41,000 locations in the U.S. VALIC represents The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, VALIC Financial Advisors, Inc. and VALIC Retirement Services Company.
VALIC offers a variety of products, including:
- Mutual fund programs
- Fixed, variable and income annuities
- Asset management programs
- Life insurance
- Brokerage accounts
- College savings plans
- Group and Individual retirement accounts -- Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, Spousal IRA, Money Market Consolidator
The company supports
- the National Distinguished Principals Program (NAESP)
- the AASA National Superintendent of the Year Award
- exclusively the Strategic Partner ASBO Certificate of Excellence Award.