All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur
|अखिल भारतीय आयुर्विज्ञान संस्थान जोधपुर|
Official seal of AIIMS Jodhpur
|Motto||Sanskrit: सर्व सन्तु निरामयाः
Sarve Santu Nirāmayāḥ"
(from the IAST:Bṛhadāraṇyakopaniṣat"Brihadaranyaka Upanishad verse 1.4.14)
Motto in English
|"May All be Healthy"|
|Endowment||₹11.24 billion (US$170 million) per annum|
|President||Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Government of India|
|Director||Dr. Sanjeev Misra|
|Students||Currently total 450 MBBS Students and 240 B.Sc Nursing(Hon.) Students|
|Undergraduates||100 per year|
|Postgraduates||8 per session|
|Location||Jodhpur, Rajasthan, 342005, India
|Affiliations||Not required ( the degrees approved by Academic Committee of AIIMS are recognised. AIIMS has been given power to recognise its own degrees by the Act of Parliament. )|
All India Institute of Medical Sciences Jodhpur (AIIMS Jodhpur; Hindi: अखिल भारतीय आयुर्विज्ञान संस्थान जोधपुर; IAST: Akhil Bhāratiya Āyurvignan Samsthān Jodhpur) is a medical college and medical research public university based in Jodhpur, India. The Institute was established in 2012 and operates autonomoustly under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
AIIMS Jodhpur is situated at the heart of city of Basni, Jodhpur. On 31 January 2004, then Finance Minister Jaswant Singh had laid the foundation stone of AIIMS Jodhpur. Sushma Swaraj, then Health Minister, and Rajnath Singh, then Agriculture Minister, were also present on the occasion.
AIIMS at Jodhpur started the academic session 2012–13 from 17 September 2012(others closely followed AIIMS Bhopal - 18 September 2012, AIIMS Rishikesh - 20 September, AIIMS Bhubaneswar - 21 September, AIIMS Raipur - 24 September, and Patna - 25 September 2012). There were 50 students in the first batch of MBBS at AIIMS Jodhpur. Outdoor patient(OPD) services began at the AIIMS Jodhpur from July 27, 2013,making it the first among the six new AIIMS, established across the country, to begin with OPD services in 15 areas of specialisation. AIIMS has started MD courses in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology and Community Medicine and Family Medicine departments from this year
All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012
The All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012,was introduced in the Lok Sabha on 27 August 2012. This bill replaces an Ordinance which allowed the six AIIMS—like institutes to become operational from September 2012. Lok Sabha passed the AIIMS (Amendment) Bill, 2012 on 30 August 2012. The proposed measure will help the Centre change the status of the six new AIIMS registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act to be autonomous bodies corporated on the lines of the existing AIIMS in Delhi.AIIMS(Amendment) Bill,2012 was introduced in Rajya Sabha on 3 September 2012. Rajya Sabha passed the AIIMS (Amendment) Bill, 2012 on 4 September 2012.
- Jamal Ayub (30 August 2012). "Government appoints directors of AIIMS-like institutes". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- Kounteya Sinha (20 September 2011). "AIIMS docs land top job but have nowhere to go". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Ashok Pradhan (6 August 2012). "Admission begins at Bhubaneswar AIIMS". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Govt appoints 4 'AIIMS' directors". Deccan Chronicle. 7 July 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept (4 September 2012). "Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept". The Pioneer. India. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Now get medical education for Rs 1000 a month – Rediff Getahead". Rediff.com. 22 August 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Demand for Mira Bai's name to be readded to AIIMS gets stronger - Times Of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- "Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept". Daily pioneer. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "AIIMS Jodhpur begins maiden session". Business Standard. 17 September 2012. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- Ajay Parmar (18 September 2012). "AIIMS-Jodhpur begins session with 50 students – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- OPD services at AIIMS Jodhpur to start on Saturday - Times Of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2013-07-27). Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- Raj, Anand (27 August 2012). "Bill on AIIMS-like institutes introduced in Lok Sabha". The Hindu. New Delhi, India.
- Raj, Anand (30 August 2012). "Lok Sabha nod to AIIMS bill". The Economic times. New Delhi, India.
- "AIIMS bill moved in Rajya Sabha amid uproar". Business Standard. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Govt fails to get AIIMS Bill passed in Par amid din". IBNLive.com. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Par nod to AIIMS Bill amid uproar". Business Standard. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Gov Bill passed in Par amid din". The Indian Express. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.