All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur
Official seal of AIIMS Jodhpur
|Motto||Sanskrit: सर्व सन्तु निरामयाः
Sarve Santu Nirāmayāḥ"
Motto in English
|May All be Healthy|
|President||Minister for Health and Family Welfare|
|Undergraduates||160 per annum|
|Postgraduates||56 per annum|
|Location||Jodhpur, Rajasthan, 342005, India
All India Institute of Medical Sciences Jodhpur (AIIMS Jodhpur; IAST: Akhil Bhāratiya Āyurvignan Samsthān Jodhpur) is a medical college and medical research public university based in Jodhpur, India. Like five other All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), it was established in 2012 and operates autonomoustly under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
The All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012, was introduced in the Lok Sabha on 27 August 2012. This bill replaced an Ordinance which allowed the six AIIMS institutes to become operational from September 2012. Lok Sabha passed the AIIMS (Amendment) Bill, 2012 on 30 August 2012. Prior to that, the six new AIIMS were registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act and the Bill allowed them to become autonomous bodies corporated on the lines of the existing AIIMS Delhi in Delhi. AIIMS (Amendment) Bill,2012 was introduced in Rajya Sabha on 3 September 2012. Rajya Sabha passed the AIIMS (Amendment) Bill, 2012 on 4 September 2012, and the six AIIMS started opeerating in September 2012.
AIIMS Jodhpur is situated at outskirts of city of Industrial Area Basni, Jodhpur. On 31 January 2004, then Finance Minister Jaswant Singh had laid the foundation stone of AIIMS Jodhpur. Sushma Swaraj, then Health Minister, and Rajnath Singh, then Agriculture Minister, were also present on the occasion.
From 2013 onwards AIIMS started admitting 100 MBBS and 60 B.Sc Nursing(Hons.) students. Outdoor patient(OPD) services began at the AIIMS Jodhpur from July 27, 2013. AIIMS has started MD courses in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology and Community Medicine and Family Medicine departments from 2016. AIIMS Jodhpur started Postgraduate courses in 20 departments from 2017 with 56 seats.
|University and college rankings|
|Medical - India|
AIIMS Jodhpur was ranked 46 among medical colleges in India by Careers360's "Top Medical Colleges in India 2017", 34 among government institutes.
- "The Director".
- Jamal Ayub (30 August 2012). "Government appoints directors of AIIMS-like institutes". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- Raj, Anand (27 August 2012). "Bill on AIIMS-like institutes introduced in Lok Sabha". The Hindu. New Delhi, India.
- Raj, Anand (30 August 2012). "Lok Sabha nod to AIIMS bill". The Economic times. New Delhi, India.
- "AIIMS bill moved in Rajya Sabha amid uproar". Business Standard. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Govt fails to get AIIMS Bill passed in Par amid din". IBNLive.com. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Gov Bill passed in Par amid din". The Indian Express. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept (4 September 2012). "Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept". The Pioneer. India. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Now get medical education for Rs 1000 a month – Rediff Getahead". Rediff.com. 22 August 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Demand for Mira Bai's name to be readded to AIIMS gets stronger - Times Of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- "300 more MBBS seats to be added at 6 new AIIMS". The Times of India. Jan 7, 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- OPD services at AIIMS Jodhpur to start on Saturday - Times Of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2013-07-27). Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- "More PG seats for 20 departments in AIIMS Jodhpur". The Times of India. Times News Network. 1 May 2017. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Top Medical Colleges in India 2017". Careers360. 2017.