All India Institute of Medical Sciences Rishikesh
|अखिल भारतीय आयुर्विज्ञान संस्थान ऋषिकेश|
|Endowment||₹11.24 billion (US$170 million) per annum|
|President||Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Government of India|
|Director||Prof.(Dr.) Raj Kumar (2012-July 2016); Dr.Sanjiv Misra (02.07.2016 - Till date)|
|Undergraduates||MBBS: 100 per year and B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing 60 per year|
|Postgraduates||MD/MS (July 2016)|
|Location||Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India
All India Institute of Medical Sciences Rishikesh (AIIMS Rishikesh) is a medical college, Hospital and medical research public university, based in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India. The Institute operates autonomously under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- AIIMS started its academic sessions in August 2012, in all, there are 50 students in the first batch of the MBBS career at the AIIMS Rishikesh.
- The B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing course is started at College of Nursing, AIIMS Rishikesh in academic session of August, 2013 with annual intake of 60 students.
- The 200-bed hospital at AIIMS Rishikesh was inaugurated by then Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on 10 February 2014.
- MD/MS Course started in Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Pathology, Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, Community & Family Medicine, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Orthopedics departments in July 2016.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on 27 August 2012. This bill also replaced a recent Ordinance which allowed the six AIIMS institutes to become operational from September 2012. Lok Sabha passed the AIIMS (Amendment) Bill on 30 August 2012. The proposed measure will help the Centre change the status of its six new AIIMS institutes registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act to be an autonomous body corporated on the lines of the existing AIIMS in Delhi. The AIIMS (Amendment) Bill, 2012 was introduced in the Rajya Sabha on 3 September 2012. The Rajya Sabha passed the AIIMS (Amendment) Bill, 2012 on 4 September 2012.
- Jamal Ayub (30 August 2012). "Government appoints directors of AIIMS-like institutes". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Aiims Bhopal to start functioning by July-Aug '12". Hindustan Times. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Admission for MBBS in AIIMS Rishikesh from this month". Retrieved 2007-07-00. Check date values in:
- Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept (4 September 2012). "Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept". Dailypioneer.com. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept". Daily pioneer. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- AIIMS-Rishikesh to start admission from 20 August (4 August 2012). "AIIMS-Rishikesh to start admission from August 20". Dailypioneer.com. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Admission begins at Bhubaneswar AIIMS". The Timesof India. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Raj, Anand (27 August 2012). "Bill on AIIMS-like institutes introduced in Lok Sabha". The Hindu. New Delhi, India.
- Raj, Anand (30 August 2012). "Lok Sabha nod to AIIMS bill". The Economic times. New Delhi, India.
- "AIIMS bill moved in Rajya Sabha amid uproar". Business Standard. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Govt fails to get AIIMS Bill passed in Par amid din". IBNLive.com. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Par nod to AIIMS Bill amid uproar". Business Standard. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Gov Bill passed in Par amid din". indianexpress.com. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.