The M462 (Abir, lit. "Knight") is a 4x4 military vehicle in service with the Israel Defense Forces, developed by Automotive Industries Ltd. as a replacement for the M325.
The M462 can carry 13 troops or a cargo of 1800 kg. The M462 can be fitted with 1 forward machine gun and a side machine gun.
- M462 Abir: standard model.
- M462 ATGM Portee: with BGM-71 TOW.
- M462 M40A2 Portee: with M40A2 106mm recoilless rifle.
- M462 Rhino: a 4x4 armoured vehicle based on the M462, used for high risk area patrol, riot control, special operations, and command post.
- M462 Fire: bush fire engine.
- M462 Ambulance: military ambulance, 4 litter cases or 8 sitting patients.
Map with Abir operators in blue
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to AIL Abir.