|Type||Private, Coed, Specialized in language-based learning differences|
|Executive Director||Pat Roberts|
|Student to teacher ratio||Lower School 6:1, Middle and Upper School 8:1|
AIM Academy is an independent co-educational college prep school serving bright students with language-based learning differences in grades 1-12. AIM was founded in 2006 and moved to its current location in Whitemarsh, Pennsylvania in 2012.
The campus is located in Whitemarsh, PA across the street from Septa’s R-7 Miquon station. It is 4 miles from Exit 16A on Rte. 476 and 4 miles from exit 332 on Rte. 76 (Schuylkill Expressway). Students come from Philadelphia and its surrounding suburban communities.
The school is located in a century old brick building which originally housed a mill. The 60,000 sq. feet interior was uniquely designed and technologically enhanced in 2012 and includes classrooms, science labs, art studios, Global Resource Center and a dining facility that accommodates family style dining and Mark Vetri’s “Eatiquette” program. A turf field and playground were also added in 2012. A gym and auditorium is currently under construction and will be completed in Spring 2016.
AIM Academy was founded in 2006 by Pat Roberts and Nancy Blair to serve bright children with language-based learning differences in the Philadelphia area. They modeled the new school after The Lab School in Washington. When they opened their doors, they enrolled 27 students. Ten years later the school grew to 302 students in grades 1-12. The school was originally located in Manayunk, Philadelphia, PA and called Academy in Manayunk. In response to their increasing student population, the school moved in 2012 to a newly renovated and technologically enhanced school building. The school was then renamed AIM Academy.
302 students in grades 1-12.
AIM is a research-to-practice school which uses evidenced-based intervention strategies in the areas where children with language-based learning disabilities need support while also offering challenging educational opportunities.
The curriculum includes reading, writing, English, math, science, technology, history, art, physical education and for high school students, Latin. Junior and Senior honors students have the opportunity to take college courses for credit.
College placement is 100%.
Accreditations and associations
AIM is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), The Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS), The Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS), The International Dyslexia Association (IDA), The Pennsylvania Branch of the International Dyslexia Association (PBIDA), and is a Wilson Accredited Partner School, a LETRS Affiliate Site, and a RAVE-O Training Site.
AIM offers a four-week summer program for 5 & 6-year-olds and students in grades 1-12 offering support in math and literacy and for older students SAT and ACT prep.
- "AIM Academy | AIM Academy Highlights". Aimpa.org. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "The Buccini/Pollin Group, Inc. - River Park II". Bpgroup.net. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Hashtag (2012-10-18). "AIM Academy and Eatiquette featured in Mainline Education Guide". Vetri Family. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "A Conshohocken School Rolls Out Local Chef's 'Eatiquette' Lunch Program « CBS Philly". Philadelphia.cbslocal.com. 2012-09-19. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "AIM Academy | Leadership Where It Counts". Aimpa.org. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "History of the Academy in Manajunk (AIM): Adoption of the Lab School Approach". Eric.ed.gov. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "The Lab School of Washington ~History". Labschool.org. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Local school aims for change with new location | 6abc.com". Abclocal.go.com. 2012-01-03. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "In Manayunk, School Gives Youngsters A Helping Hand With Reading « CBS Philly". Philadelphia.cbslocal.com. 2011-09-06. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Leadership Where It Counts". SuburbanLifeMagazine.com. 2002-05-13. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "The Academy In Manayunk boasts 100% college-bound students - Roxborough Review". Montgomery News. 2012-06-12. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS): AIM Academy (previously Academy In Manayunk)". Paispa.org. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "ADVIS – The Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools – Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware -> Family Resources -> Find a School". Advis.org. 2011-10-19. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "AIM Academy | Summer 2012 Enrichment Program". Aimpa.org. 2012-07-27. Retrieved 2012-10-29.