AKB49: Ren'ai Kinshi Jōrei
|AKB49: Ren'ai Kinshi Jōrei|
(AKB49〜Renai Kinshi Jourei〜)
|Written by||Reiji Miyajima|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Magazine|
|Original run||August 2010 – March 2016|
AKB49: Renai Kinshi Jourei (AKB49〜恋愛禁止条例〜 AKB49 Ren'ai kinshi jōrei) is an ongoing shōnen manga series based on the Japanese female idol group AKB48. This series is illustrated by Reiji Miyajima, and based on the original work by Fakutori Motoazabu. The story is told through the eyes of the 12th generation Kenkyūsei member Minoru Urayama. Real AKB48 members also appear occasionally in the story as supporting characters.
AKB49: Renai Kinshi Jourei was first serialized in the 39th issue of the Weekly Shōnen Magazine on 25 August 2010. It was also released in the tankōbon format, with 29 volumes being released as of March 2016.
In 2014, the first five volumes were adapted for a stageplay. The play ran for a week in September 2014 with various members of the 48 group family making up the cast.
The story follows Minoru Urayama, a highschool boy who has no dreams. Minoru's crush, Hiroko Yoshinaga, dreams of becoming a member of the idol group AKB48. In order to help her with her auditions, Minoru secretly enters with her, cross-dressed as a girl named Minori Urakawa. His plan works and Hiroko is picked, but much to his dismay so is his girl alias, Minori! The story then follows Minori (Minoru) and Hiroko as they overcome the numerous trials of the idol world while Minoru tries to keep his secret from getting exposed and get Hiroko to the very top.
- Minoru Urayama (浦山 実) / Minori Urakawa (浦川 みのり)
The main male character in the story and a 12th generation Kenkyūsei member of the female idol group AKB48. He is also known by his female name "Minori Urakawa" in this story. 167 cm tall, Minoru has a younger sister.
Initially, Minoru had no interest in AKB48, and because of this, was laughed at by his classmates who were big fans of the group. However, in order to help Hiroko, his classmate whom he had a secret crush on, Minoru cross-dressed and participated in an audition together with her. Unwittingly, after he helped Hiroko pass her audition, he was selected by AKB48's producer Yasushi Akimoto to become a member of the group. Almost nobody suspected that he was a male, because he had a face that looked "pretty". He was often mistaken for another AKB48 member Sae Miyazawa by Yuko Oshima. Only member Mayu Watanabe suspected that he was a boy, though she was convinced by his explanation that he looked like one because he worked in a butler cafe. Unknown to everyone including Minoru, Producer Akimoto also knew that Minoru/Minori was a male, but because he felt that Minoru made up for the traits that other girls were lacking, Minoru was allowed to remain in the group.
Minoru unveiled himself and his 'Minoru' persona to Aki-P at the ending of Chapter 204, however the rest of the meeting remained unknown. On Chapter 93 of the series, Atsuko Maeda also knew that he was a male, but tells Minori/Minoru that she'll never reveal the secret. On Chapter 253, Hiroko somehow found out about his/her identity, due to a massive search. He unveiled his/her identity in front of all members of AKB48, Togasaki and whole stage crew on Chapter 256.
Used to be a member of a newly created stand-alone unit "Gekoku Jou" with Hiroko Yoshinaga and Ai Okabe. Currently a full-time member of Team A and co-current member of SKE, NMB and HKT as national member alongside Hiroko.
- Hiroko Yoshinaga (吉永 寛子)
A 12th generation Kenkyūsei member of AKB48. She is a big fan of the idol group, especially one of the lead member Atsuko Maeda. She would get very angry with anyone who criticized Maeda. She passed the 12th generation Kenkyūsei audition because she spoke out in defense of Maeda when Minoru criticized Maeda when he was asked the question "which is your favorite AKB48 member?".
A person who dislikes sports, Hiroko is frequently tired out by the dance trainings that all Kenkyūsei members have to go through, to the extent that she injures herself frequently. However, she is also very hardworking, and she frequently stayed back after the practice sessions to continue dancing with Minoru. As the series progressed, her hard work paid off with her dancing abilities greatly improving.
Used to be a member of the stand-alone unit "Gekoku Jou" with Minoru Urayama and Ai Okabe. Currently a full-time member of Team K and co-current member of SKE, NMB and HKT as national member alongside Minori.
In Senbatsu Election on Chapter 212 Hiroko Yoshinaga was elected to number 8 and she will be the center in next single after Senbatsu Election single because the promise between Minoru Urayama and Yasushi Akimoto.
- Ai Okabe (岡部 愛)
An 11th generation Kenkyūsei member of AKB48. Talented in dancing and singing, she is however also very ambitious and self-centered, which caused her to view "Minori" with enmity after he replaced her as center in Kenkyūsei performances, and even tried to sabotage him inside and outside performances. However, after he constantly emerged unscathed from her plots and even saved her from a botched sabotage attempt, she reluctantly concluded a truce with him. As the series progressed, while remaining aloof from the other Kenkyūsei members, she was forced to admit that Minoru made a better center than her due to his charisma and hard-working attitude.
Used to be a member of the stand-alone unit "Gekoku Jou" with Minoru Urayama and Hiroko Yoshinaga. she is former a member of Team B. Announced Graduation on Chapter 202.
- Haruko Mizuno (水野 春子)
A 12th generation Kenkyūsei member of AKB48. Hailing from Fukuoka, she stays in a dormitory designated for AKB48 kenkyūsei members and became roommates with Hiroko after the latter was rendered homeless after a confrontation with her father. Revealed to be a former boss of a ladies biker gang back in Fukuoka.
- Taichi Kijima (喜嶋 太一)
The manager of the stand-alone unit "Gekoku Jou". A tall and handsome person, he is also very clumsy and accident-prone. He is however extremely dedicated to his work and sincerely believed in fostering the unit to its utmost. He is described as "someone who fully understands the pains and regrets of an idol".
- Tadamoto Kisaki (妃 忠祖)
A mysterious old man who appears to be a janitor, he is later revealed to be the director of Queen Records, the company that manages "Gekoku Jou".
- Minami Takahashi (高橋 みなみ)
- AKB48 team A's captain.
- Haruna Kojima (小嶋 陽菜)
- AKB48 team A member.
- Mariko Shinoda (篠田 麻里子)
- AKB48 team A member.
- AKB48 team A member. In this story, she is portrayed as a very hardworking member who is credited with making the group famous. However, after she appeared unenthusiastic in a series of concerts, people started to criticize her as "lazy", and her popularity starts to drop. She is Hiroko Yoshinaga's favorite idol in the group and is also the reason why she joined it as a Kenkyūsei member.
- Rino Sashihara (指原 莉乃)
- AKB48 team A member.
- Sayaka Akimoto (秋元 才加)
- AKB48 team K's captain.
- Minami Minegishi (峯岸 みなみ)
- AKB48 team K member.
- Tomomi Itano (板野 友美)
- AKB48 team K member.
- Sae Miyazawa (宮澤 佐江)
- AKB48 team K member. She was cast to play the role of Minoru in the 2014 stage adaptation.
- AKB48 team K member. She was first introduced in this manga when Minoru Urayama accidentally stumbled into the AKB48 dressing room and surprised her. When interviewed, Yūko said that "when she read the manga, she felt like she was in that dressing room as illustrated by the author.".
- Yuki Kashiwagi (柏木 由紀)
- AKB48 team B's leader.
- Mayu Watanabe (渡辺 麻友)
- AKB48 team B member.
- Yasushi Akimoto (秋元 康)
- The producer of AKB48. He is also featured in this manga as the producer of this group.
- Tomonobu Togasaki (戸賀崎 智信)
- The manager of the AKB48 Theater.
AKB49: Renai Kinshi Jourei was first announced by AKB48 producer Yasushi Akimoto on 5 August 2010. It debuted in the 39th issue of the Weekly Shōnen Magazine that was released on 25 August 2010. The series was also released in the tankōbon format by Kodansha, with the first being released on 17 December 2010. Twenty-nine volumes of tankōbon were released as of March 17, 2016.
AKB49: Renai Kinshi Jourei is the first manga to be based on the group AKB48, although some of its members have been featured in the manga Den no Uyugi Club and Ugirino.
The first five volumes of the manga were adapted for a stage play, directed by Kayano Isamu. The play was performed from September 11 to September 16, 2014 in Shibuya AiiA Theater in Tokyo. Various members of AKB48 and its sister groups were cast for the musical, with Sae Miyazawa taking the male lead role of Minoru. Other main cast roles are played by Akari Suda (Ai Okabe), Mako Kojima, and Nana Owada (sharing the role of Hiroko). On January 10, 2015, it was announced that a second edition of the musical would be performed by March in Nagoya, this time focusing on a cast of actors chosen exclusively from sister group SKE48. The main cast roles would be played by Nao Furuhata (as Minoru Urayama), Akane Takayanagi (as Ai Otabe), Ryoha Kitagawa and Ami Miyamae (double cast as Hiroko Yoshinaga).
- "AKB48週マガでマンガ化、謎のメンバー加入で「AKB49」" (in Japanese). Comics Natalie. 2010-08-25. Retrieved 2011-10-21.
- "マンガ「AKB49」はAKB48大島優子も納得の出来!?「楽屋での私のまんまだ((;゜Д゜))」" (in Japanese). Cinema Today. 2010-08-26. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- ＡＫＢ初漫画化は秋元康のアイデア満載 (in Japanese). Asahi Shimbun. 2010-08-05. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- "ミュージカル『AKB49〜恋愛禁止条例〜』が全国映画館でライブ・ビューイング" (in Japanese). jp.msn.com. 2010-09-19. Retrieved 2014-09-10.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~（1） on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063844250.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(29) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063623238.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~（2） on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 406384465X.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~（3） on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063845117.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~（4） on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063845540.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~（5） on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063845869.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~（6） on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063846180.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~（7） on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063846482.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~（8） on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063846768.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~（9） on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063847098.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(10) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063847403.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(11) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063847691.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(12) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063848167.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(13) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063848493.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(14) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063848817.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(15) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063949141.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(16) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063949451.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(17) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063949850.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(18) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063950107.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(19) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063950530.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(20) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063951065.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(21) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063951898.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(22) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063952452.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(23) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063952452.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(24) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063953734.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(25) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 406395417X.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(26) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063954870.
- AKB49~恋愛禁止条例~(27) on Amazon.com (in Japanese). Amazon.com. ASIN 4063955370.
- 宮澤佐江ミュージカル明日開幕「気合い十分」 (in Japanese). Yahoo!ニュース. 2010-09-10. Retrieved 2011-09-10.
- ＳＫＥ48、ミュージカル「ＡＫＢ49」出演 (in Japanese). 2015-01-10.
- AKB49: Renai Kinshi Jourei on Kodansha (in Japanese)