ALTIS – Postgraduate School Business & Society
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Affiliations||Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore|
ALTIS – Postgraduate School Business & Society (Italian: Alta Scuola Impresa e Società) is the business school of Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan, Italy. The school offers MBA programs, specializing masters and many executive education programs.
ALTIS, Graduate School of Business and Society, was conceived in 2002 within the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore based on an idea of Mario Molteni, professor of Business Administration and Corporate Strategy at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore and of the then Rector, Professor Lorenzo Ornaghi, at a time when the discussion about corporate social responsibility, in the wake of the international debate, in Italy was in its early stages.
The Graduate School aims to favour, through research, training and strategic consultancy to companies, private and public, the diffusion of a responsible managerial culture, the reconciliation of competitiveness and corporate social responsibility, the interaction between profit and no-profit sector for the development of the Country, the good governance and a sustainable internationalization.
- Integration of social and environmental responsibility (CSR) in the relevant business sector of an enterprise, as well as in its corporate governance and industrial plan;
- Management of no-profit enterprises;
- Partnerships among private, no-profit and public sectors for the creation of shared value;
- Internationalisation of enterprises, with particular attention to the contribution it represents for the development of emerging and developing countries;
- Dissemination, at the international level, of the “industrial cluster” model, with particular attention to geographical areas of specific interest for Italian enterprises and clusters such as, Latin America, China, Eastern Europe, the Mediterranean Basin and the African continent.
In 2006, the CSR manager Network has been established by ALTIS together with the Istituto per i Valori di Impresa (ISVI) to favour the dialogue and creation of synergies among corporate social responsibility professionals.
Since 2008, ALTIS is a Regional partner of the Global Social Venture Competition (GSVC) launched and organized by the Haas Business School Berkeley University (California). As regional partner ALTIS organizes the Italian Round of the competition by collecting and selecting the teams that compete with eentrepreneurial ideas with marked social relevance and positive environmental impact.
In 2010, ALTIS launched the project on which the Fondazione E4Impact was built, establishing a network of Executive MBAs in Sub-Saharan Africa organized in partnership with local universities to accompany young start-uppers in the development of businesses with a distinct and positive social and environmental impact.
In the meantime, in line with its mission ("Entrepreneurship and management for sustainable development"), ALTIS has been collaborating with companies, organisations and universities that contribute to the creation and sharing of knowledge and best practices on the themes of sustainability, impact entrepreneurship, responsible growth, and of creating and measuring of shared value. In parallel with the educational programmes, it has built a consultancy unit that offers services to clients who need to develop their competitivity, income and profits, by intelligently applying the tools of environmental and social sustainability.
- Master in Strategic Management for Global Business (SMGB) (taught in English)
- Master in Luxury-goods management (EMLUX) (taught in English)
- Master in Accounting and Auditing (MAA) (taught in Italian)
- Master in Finanza: strumenti, mercati e sostenibilità (FIN) (taught in Italian)
- Master in Pianificazione e Controllo (PeC) (taught in Italian)
- Executive Master in Management e Innovazione delle Pubbliche Amministrazioni (MIPA) (taught in Italian)
- Executive Master in Social Entrepreneurship (EMSE) (taught in Italian)
- Executive Master in Sviluppo Strategico delle PMI (taught in Italian)
- Executive Master in Project Management e Public Procurement (PMPP) (taught in Italian)
MBA Social Entrepreneurship and Management
In Africa ALTIS organizes the MBA Social Entrepreneurship and Management in collaboration with Loyola Institute of Business Administration and Catholic University of Eastern Africa.This MBA was honored in 2012 with the Innovation Award conferred by Ashoka, a prestigious organization in the world of social entrepreneurship
- Laboratorio di abilità manageriali (taught in Italian)
- Professione CSR (taught in Italian)
- Valore P.A. (taught in Italian)
- Management scolastico e direzione delle scuole paritarie (taught in Italian)
- Digital Lab per il settore assicurativo (taught in Italian)
The activities of ALTIS are structured in some thematic divisions:
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability
- Globalization & New Markets
- SMEs and Industrial Districts
- Not for profit Management
- Finance & Development
- Public Management
- Social Entrepreneurship
ALTIS is member of
- Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA)
- European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
- Global Network for Corporate Citizenship (GNCC)
- International Society for Third-Sector Research (ISTR)
- Nonprofit Academic Centers Council (N.A.C.C.)
- Principle For Responsible Management Education (PRME)
- The Academy of Business in Society (ABIS)
- ALTIS — Alta Scuola Impresa e Societa, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore Milano | Business in Society web site Archived 2011-07-04 at the Wayback Machine. Businessinsociety.eu (2010-02-08). Retrieved on 2012-07-04.
- "Mission and History | ALTIS – Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore". Altis.unicatt.it. Archived from the original on 2012-02-25. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-11-13. Retrieved 2013-03-15.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)