ALTIUS BISA logo
|Mission type||Earth Observation|
|Operator||European Space Agency|
|Mission duration||>3 years (design lifetime)|
|Reference system||Sun-synchronous orbit|
|Type||Multi-channel tuneable spectral imager|
|Wavelengths||UV: 250-400 nm (tuneable)|
VIS: 400-800 nm (tuneable)
NIR 800-1800 nm (tuneable)
ALTIUS (Atmospheric Limb Tracker for Investigation of the Upcoming Stratosphere) is a satellite mission proposed by the Belgian Institute for Space Aeronomy and currently under development by the European Space Agency  . Its main objective is to monitor the distribution and evolution of stratospheric ozone in the Earth's atmosphere. The industrial consortium is led by QinetiQ Space, acting as mission prime. The satellite design is based on the PROBA small satellite bus. The payload, developed by OIP Sensor Systems, is an innovative UV, visible and NIR instrument.
- "ALTIUS". altius.oma.be. Belgian Institute for Space Aeronomy. 2018. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- "ALTIUS va analyser la partie haute de l'atmosphère". www.esa.int (in French). European Space Agency. 13 May 2017. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- "ALTIUS gaat hogere aardatmosfeer bestuderen". www.esa.int (in Dutch). European Space Agency. 9 May 2017. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- "ALTIUS". www.oip.be. OIP Sensor Systems. 2017. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- "ALTIUS". Belgian Platform on Earth Observation. BelSPo. 11 June 2018. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
- Fussen, Didier; Dekemper, Emmanuel; Errera, Quentin; Franssens, Ghislain; Mateshvili, Nina; Pieroux, Didier; Vanhellemont, Filip (3 August 2016). "The ALTIUS Mission". Atmospheric Measurement Techniques Discussions: 1–40. doi:10.5194/amt-2016-213.
- "First ALTIUS Symposium". Space Pole Events. Belgian Institute for Space Aeronomy. 2017-05-02. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Earth Observation Programmes". ESA Ministerial Council 2016. European Space Agency. 2016. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
ALTIUS: Develop and operate a small mission dedicated to the operational monitoring of stratospheric ozone profiles.
- "ALTIUS". OIP Sensor Systems. OIP Sensor Systems. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
|This spacecraft or satellite related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|