AMC Networks International
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, U.S.|
London, England, United Kingdom
|Products||Television, motion pictures|
AMC Networks International is an international media company and distributor of channels, content and video services, which is a division of AMC Networks. The division’s operating companies and business units currently own and operate in joint venture a total of 68 branded TV channels and run a suite of digital, on demand and broadband services in Europe. In aggregate, its channels and feeds reach 382 million homes. AMC Networks International also provide a set of advanced digital services, such as ad sales and broadcast solutions to international channel operators.
On July 31, 2012, Chellomedia purchased MGM Networks, Inc. from MGM while MGM retaining its United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany and joint ventures in Brazil and Australia. Chellomedia has licensed the MGM brand and content to continue on the purchased MGM channels.
On May 21, 2013, it was announced that Liberty Global had put Chellomedia up for sale. Liberty agreed on October 28 to sell Chellomedia to AMC Networks for $1.035B, except for its Benelux unit. The purchase was completed on February 2, 2014.
AMC Networks International runs its businesses through six business units:
- AMC Networks International UK (EMEA)
- AMC Networks International Central Europe
- AMC Networks International Asia-Pacific
- AMC Networks International Latin America
- AMC Networks International Southern Europe
- AMC (African and Middle Eastern TV channel)
- AMC (European TV channel)
- AMC (Latin America)
- Biggs (co-owned with NOS)
- Blaze (co-owned with A+E Networks UK)
- Canal Cocina
- Canal de História (co-owned with A+E Networks UK)
- Canal Hollywood (co-owned with NOS)
- Canal Panda (co-owned with NOS)
- CBS-branded channels (co-owned with ViacomCBS Networks International)
- Crimen + Investigación (co-owned with A+E Networks UK)
- Extreme Sports Channel
- Film & Arts
- Film Café
- Film Mania
- Horror Channel (co-owned with ViacomCBS Networks International)
- Más Chic
- Outdoor Channel EMEA joint venture with Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
- Sol Música
- Sport 1
- Sport 2
- Sport M
- Spektrum TV
- Spektrum Home
- SundanceTV Africa
- SundanceTV France
- SundanceTV Latinoamérica
- SundanceTV Middle East
- SundanceTV Spain
- TV Paprika
- Zoomoo Latin America (co-owned with Beach House Kids and NHNZ)
- AMC Networks. Leadership. International Executives profiles.
- Liberty Global Q1 2012 Fact Sheet
- "Chellomedia Published Data". Archived from the original on 2008-12-17. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- The Deadline Team (August 1, 2012) UPDATE: MGM Networks Sale To Chellomedia To Fund BuyBack of Icahn Shares: LAT. Deadline.com.
- Fritz, Ben. (August 01, 2012) MGM sells overseas channels amid Icahn buyback, IPO preparation. LA Times.
- "Liberty Global puts Chellomedia business up for sale". The Denver Post. 2013-05-21. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- Tartaglione, Nancy. (2013-10-28) AMC Networks To Pay $1B For Liberty Global’s Chellomedia. Deadline.com. Accessed on October 28, 2013.
- Deadline.com: Chellomedia Rebranded As AMC Networks International
- BroadbandTVNews.com: Chellomedia to become AMC Networks International
- AMC Networks Press Release: AMC Networks Re-Brands Chellomedia to “AMC Networks International”
- The Hollywood Reporter (September 20, 2014). "AMC set for November launch in Europe". Broadband TV News. Retrieved October 6, 2014.