|Developer(s)||Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)|
|Initial release||September 19, 2007|
1.3.1 / July 9, 2009
|Written in||C, C++|
|Operating system||Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows|
Framewave (formerly AMD Performance Library (APL)) is computer software, a high-performance optimized programming library, consisting of low level application programming interfaces (APIs) for image processing, signal processing, JPEG, and video functions. These APIs are programmed with task level parallelization (multi-threading) and instruction-level parallelism single instruction, multiple data (SIMD) for maximum performance on multi-core processors from Advanced Micro Devices (AMD).
The AMD Performance Library was developed by Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) as a collection of popular software routines designed to accelerate application development, debugging, and optimization on x86 class processors. It includes simple arithmetic routines, and more complex functions for applications such as image and signal processing. APL is available as a static library for 32- or 64-bit versions of GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) 4.1 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, and as a 32- or 64-bit dynamic library for the operating systems Linux, Solaris, and Windows.
Framewave is available as 32- and 64-bit static libraries for GCC 4.3 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, and as 32- and 64-bit dynamic libraries for the operating systems Linux, macOS, Solaris, and Windows. Relative to Framewave 1.0, noticeable performance gains occurred in several APIs, including JPEG.
Framewave consists of the following main components: 
- Simple interface to take advantage of latest hardware innovations
- Faster development of multimedia projects
- Easy path to multi-threading
Released on 2007-09-19, APL 1.1 added these feature enhancements:
- Video Decoding (H.264) support
- JPEG support
- AMD "Barcelona" quad-core processor optimizations
- Support for Sun Studio compilers for Solaris
- AMD Core Math Library
- Open64 - AMD has its own Open64 distribution that is tuned for AMD processors
- Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP)
- "AMD Accelerates Application Development with Inaugural Release of Open Source Performance Library". AMD. February 20, 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-20.
- "AMD Performance Library (APL)". AMD. February 20, 2008. Archived from the original on January 24, 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-20.
- "The Framewave Project". AMD. February 20, 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-02-25. Retrieved 2008-02-20.
- "AMD Performance Library (APL)". AMD. February 1, 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-06-02. Retrieved 2007-06-05.
- "APL Product Features". AMD. September 19, 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-10-15. Retrieved 2007-09-19.