The AN/PRC-117F/G Multiband Manpack Radio, or Multiband Multi Mission Radio (MBMMR), is a man-portable, tactical software-defined combat-net radio covering the 30-2000 MHz frequency range. The radio is manufactured by Harris Corporation. It has NSA certification for the transmission of voice and data traffic up to the Top Secret level.
The designation AN/PRC translates to "Army Navy / Portable Radio Communications" used for two way Communications, according to Joint Electronics Type Designation System guidelines. The radio is also provided in a vehicular configuration under the AN/VRC-103 nomenclature.
The AN/PRC-117F/G radio is currently in use with the United States Navy Seabee and EOD teams in their MRAP and JERRV vehicles. The radio is also in use by the United States Marine Corps, United States Army, USSOCOM, United States Coast Guard, United States Air Force, Royal Air Force, Dutch Army, Spanish Air Force,Norwegian Armed Forces, Danish Army, Croatian Army Canadian Forces in Afghanistan and German Armed Forces.
The radio is part of an Over-the-horizon Satellite Communications and Improved Dual Command and Control Console system recognized by the US Army as a Top 10 Invention in 2005.
- Frequency Range: 30 MHz to 2 GHz
- Presets: 100 (110 including DAMA)
- Transmission Modes: FM, AM, PSK, CPM
- Tuning Resolution: 10 Hz
- Model: RT-1796 (P)(C)/U
- Output Power: 1 W to 20 W (Max)
- Harmonic Suppression: –40 dBc
- Frequency Stability: +/- 1.0 ppm
- FM Sensitivity -118 dBm (10 dB SINAD)
- Adjacent Channel Rejection 60 dB
- Fill devices: AN/CYZ-10 DTD, AN/PYQ-10 SKL (Supports DS-101, DS-102 and Mode 2/3)
- Crypto Modes KY-57, ANDVT/KYV-5, KG-84C, FASCINATOR
- External Data: RS-232, RS-232, MIL-STD-188-114A
- Remote control: RS-232, RS-422
- Antenna ports: Separate VHF, VHF-HI/UHF
- Audio: Six-pin Standard
- Power: Two BA-5590, BB-390A/U, BB-2590, or BB-590 batteries
- 3.2H x 10.5W x 9.6D in. (w/o battery case)
- Weight 9.8 lbs (without batteries)
- Removable keypad display unit
- Full numeric keypad
- NVG compatible display
- External GPS - DAGR, PLGR, and NMEA 0183 compatible
Line of Sight
- VHF/UHF AM/FM
- SINCGARS ECCM
- HAVE QUICK II ECCM
- ANW2 - Advanced Networking Waveform II (Harris)
- SRW Soldier Radio Waveform 
- NATO SATURN waveform, per NATO STANAG 4372 - optional 
- High performance waveform (HPW)
- Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) - optional
- Harris Corporation Receives NSA and DAMA Certification for Falcon II Multiband/Multimission Radios
- U.S. Navy Awards Harris Corporation $16 Million Contract for Falcon II and Falcon III Radios
- Harris Corporation Awarded Potential $205 Million Contract For U.S. Marine Corps MBMMR Radio Standardization Program
- Harris Corporation Awarded $46 Million Contract from the U.S. Army for Falcon II AN/PRC-117F(C) Multiband Multimission Radios
- NDM Article - Joint Tactical Radio Expected To Meet Special-Warfare Needs Archived September 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- NDM Article - Air-Strike Coordinators Need Lighter Equipment Archived 2008-06-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- https://www.raf.mod.uk/equipment/portable-radio-communication-prc.cfm Portable Radio Communication PRC
- DND/CF Backgrounder- Army Equipment for Operation ARCHER Archived April 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- US Army Awards for Top 10 Inventions of 2005
- NDM Article - Navy Mine Hunting System Gets Long-Range Data Link Archived September 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Media related to PRC-117 at Wikimedia Commons