An AN/PVS-14 night vision device.
|Place of origin||United States|
|In service||2000 – present|
|Used by||United States Armed Forces, Canadian Armed Forces, Ukrainian Armed Forces|
|Wars||Global War on Terrorism|
|No. built||> 15,000|
|Variants||AN/PVS-14D, NEPVS-14, PVS-14|
|Dimensions (LxHxW)||4.5 inches (l) x 2.14 inches (h) x 2 inches (w)|
|Resolution (lp/mm)||>64 lp/mm|
|Mode of Operation||Passive|
|Tube Form Factor||18mm|
|Field Of Vision||40 degrees|
|Range of Detection||350m (Starlight)|
|Range of Recognition||300m (Starlight)|
|Can use these tubes||ITT F9815|
The AN/PVS-14 Monocular Night Vision Device (MNVD) is in widespread use by the United States Armed Forces as well as NATO allies around the world. It uses a third generation image intensifier tube, and is primarily manufactured by Litton Industries (Now L-3 Warrior Systems) as well as the ITT Corporation (Now Harris Inc. formerly Exelis  ) It is often used 'hands free' using a head harness or attached to a combat helmet such as the PASGT, Advanced Combat Helmet, or Marine Lightweight Helmet. It can also be used as a weapons night sight. In addition, it was part of the equipment fielded in the U.S. Army's Land Warrior program. Nord Atlantic USA is the Military and Law Enforcement distributor of the AN/PVS-14 Gen 3 Autogated.  Morovision Night Vision was the Law Enforcement distributor of the NEPVS-14 for ITT Exelis.
The designation AN/PVS translates to Army/Navy Portable Visual Search, according to Joint Electronics Type Designation System guidelines.
- Resolution: 64 lp/mm (Typ)
- Film: Thin-Film
- Gate: Auto-Gated
- Brightness Gain: Adjustable from 25 to more than 3000 fL/fc
- Magnification: 1×
- Field of View: 40°
- Objective Lens: f/1.2
- Eyepiece Lens: EFL 26 mm
- Diopter Adjustment: +4 to −6
- Range of Focus: 25 cm to infinity
- Voltage Required: 1.5 Volts
- Battery Type: OneAA battery
- Battery Life: Approx. 50 hrs at room temp
- Weight: 12.4 oz (351.53 grams)
- Dimensions: 4.5″ (L) × 2″ (W) × 2.25″ (H)
- Operating Temperature: −51°C to +49°C
- Storage Temperature: −51°C to +49°C
- "PVS-14D night vision monocular goggle". Infrared1.com. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- "Exelis - AN/PVS-14 Night Vision Monocular Device". Exelisinc.com. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- "PVS-14 Night Vision". Pvs14.com. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- Enforcer.html Archived November 27, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
|This optics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|