AN/SQS-26 was a United States Navy surface ship, bow mounted, low frequency, active/passive sonar developed by the Naval Underwater Sound Laboratory  and built by General Electric and the EDO Corporation. At one point, it was installed on 87  US Navy warships from the 1960s to the 1990s and may still be in use on ships transferred to other navies.
The AN/SQS-26 weighed 27,215 kg (59,999 lb). It could be operated as a passive sonar on the 1.5 kHz frequency or as an active sonar at 3-4 kHz. Its maximum output was 240 kW and it had a range from 18 to 64 km (11 to 40 mi). It had direct path, bottom reflected, passive and convergence zone (CZ) capabilities.
- AN/SQS-26 AXR - Bronstein-class frigates, FF-1037, 1038
- AN/SQS-26 AXR - Garcia-class frigates, FF-1040, 1041, 1043, 1044, 1045 and FF-1098 (formerly AGFF-1)
- AN/SQS-26 AXR - Brooke-class frigates, FFG-1, 2, 3
- AN/SQS-26 AXR - Belknap-class cruisers, CG-26, 27
The original AX sonars were manufactured by General Electric Heavy Military Electronics. The "R" suffix was the result of a "Retrofit" by GE that incorporated improved designs derived from the AN/SQS-26CX sonar, also manufactured by GE.
- AN/SQS-26 BX - Garcia-class frigates, FF-1047, 1048, 1049, 1050, 1051
- AN/SQS-26 BX - Brooke-class frigates, FFG-4, 5, 6
- AN/SQS-26 BX - Belknap-class cruisers, CG-28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
- AN/SQS-26 BX - Truxtun-class cruiser, CGN-35
BX sonars were manufactured by EDO Corporation.
- AN/SQS-26 CX - Knox-class frigates, FF-1052-1097
- AN/SQS-26 CX - California-class cruisers, CGN-36, 37
- AN/SQS-26 CX - Virginia-class cruisers, CGN-38, 39, 40, 41
CX sonars were manufactured by General Electric Heavy Military Electronics
- Thaddeus G. Bell: Probing The Oceans For Submarines -- A History of the AN/SQS-26 Long-Range, Echo-Ranging Sonar. Peninsula, Los Altos Hills, CA (U.S), 2010, p. 3. ISBN 978-0932146267
- Thaddeus G. Bell: Probing The Oceans For Submarines -- A History of the AN/SQS-26 Long-Range, Echo-Ranging Sonar. Peninsula, Los Altos Hills, CA (U.S), 2010, p. 180. ISBN 978-0932146267
- Stefan Terzibaschitsch: Kampfsysteme der U.S. Navy. Koehler, Hamburg (Germany), 2001, p. 212. ISBN 3-7822-0806-4