|Merger of||American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and American Society for Quality, (ASQ)|
|Purpose||ISO accreditation services|
|John Knappenberger, president and CEO|
|Registrar Accreditation Board (RAB)|
ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) accreditation and training services provider in the area of management systems, personnel and product certification bodies, laboratories, inspection bodies, forensic service providers, proficiency testing and reference material producers.
Accreditation is a form of attestation utilized to demonstrate competence by various types of organizations such as government departments, universities, manufacturers and other public and privately held organizations/ companies.
ANAB is a signatory to the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC). 
ANSI acquired full interests in the ANAB on December 28, 2018. Since 2005 ANAB had been owned equally by ANSI and ASQ; the purchase resulted in ANAB becoming a wholly owned subsidiary of ANSI, registered as a separate legal entity and renamed from ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board, LLC (ANAB) to the ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB). Currently, ANAB is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with field offices in Alexandria, VA, Washington DC, Cary NC, and Fort Wayne, IN. The organization is led by a Board of Directors, and an Accreditation Council made up of experts from various organizations and fields.
In 2005, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the American Society for Quality (ASQ) jointly renamed "ANSI-RAB NAP" to "ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board" and that become the official name of the organization.
ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB)'s formation dates back to 1990 when it started as the "Registrar Accreditation Board (RAB)". In 1991, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and RAB reached an agreement to operate the American National Accreditation Program for Registrars of Quality Systems. The American Society for Quality (ASQ) also liaised with RAB and ANSI leading to the formation of a new partnership known as "ANSI-RAB NAP".
In 2015, ANAB was at the center of a suspension of DNA testing at the Washington, D.C., Department of Forensics lab because of errors in DNA analysis. In 2016, ANAB merged operations with the Laboratory Accreditation Bureau (LAB) and the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors Lab Accreditation Board (ASCLD/LAB). The same year, the North Carolina State Crime Lab used ANAB's expertise to address a backlog of more than 5,000 untested DNA test kits.
ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) provides accreditation services to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020, ISO/IEC 17021, ISO/IEC 17024, ISO/IEC 17025, ISO/IEC 17034, ISO/IEC 17043, and ISO/IEC 17065 standards developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).  The accreditation services provide confidence for customers in the systems and accuracy represented in the products and services they purchase.
Some standards implementation consultants have been critical of ANAB accreditation services. They maintain that ANAB and other accreditation bodies are more interested in ensuring the ongoing market of certifications, irrespective of how well or how poorly the ISO 9001 standard is written.
- Accredited registrar
- Standards organization
- International Organization for Standardization
- International standard
- ISO 9000
- American National Standards Institute
- American Society for Quality
- "PA Benjamin Gets ISO Certification". jamaica-gleaner.com. 4 September 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Roger, Muse (2 June 2008). "What's in a Name: Accreditation vs. Certification?". qualitymag.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- ANSI Accreditation Onion - What is the Difference between Accreditation and Certification?, retrieved 2019-01-15
- elva (2018-10-29). "International Accreditation Forum - IAF. Find IAF Members, addresses & contact details". www.iaf.nu. Retrieved 2019-01-15.
- "» ILAC MRA and Signatories International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation". Retrieved 2019-01-15.
- "ANAB Certification". sbcri.info. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation". scc.ca. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board 20th Anniversary". qualityalchemist.blogspot.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Accreditations". orion4value.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Can you Say Voluntary "Accredited & Certified" Farmer?". nonaiswa.org. 11 August 2008. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "ANAB Replaces ANSI-RAB NAP". qualitydigest.com. 13 December 2004. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Keith L., Alexander (27 April 2015). "National accreditation board suspends all DNA testing at D.C. crime lab". The Washington Post. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Rachel, Sadon (27 April 2015). "Accreditation Board Calls Analysts At D.C. Lab 'Not Competent,' Suspends DNA Testing". dcist.com. Archived from the original on 29 April 2015. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Jane, Boler (26 April 2016). "ANAB Merge Forensics Operations with ASCLD/LAB". theauditoronline.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Fact Check: Is it true Cooper 'fixed the problems' at the crime lab?". wral.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Steve, Wichelecki (2 January 2008). "Understanding ISO 13485". qualitymag.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Volvo plant becomes first US facility to achieve ISO 50001 certification". trucknews.com. 8 March 2012. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Sheriff's Office earns forensics accreditation". fayobserver.com. 7 September 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "ANAB offers accreditation to GFCP". foodqualitynews.com. 9 August 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Big move for Jamaica! Local body takes over certification from Int'l organisation". jamaicaobserver.com. 9 September 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Getting Ready for an AS9100C Audit". qualitydigest.com. 6 August 2011. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Ainsworth, Morris (3 February 2013). "Remembering the impeccable Dr Juliet Newell". jamaicaobserver.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Accurate Screw Machine achieves AS9100 REV C Certification". designworldonline.com. 28 September 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Laura, Burgess (28 June 2016). "DNA Labs International Launches New Website". ammoland.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Tamar, Wilner (5 November 2013). "Standards & Compliance Briefing: ISO 14001 and RoHS List Revisions, Wireless Automation". environmentalleader.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Brian Taylor, DeAnne Toto (18 June 2010). "A Shifting Landscape". recyclingtoday.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- David, Giaretta. "US ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board announces pre-launch of ISO 16363 program". rd-alliance.org. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Christopher, Paris (4 September 2015). "IAF Agreed to Endorse ISO 9001:2015 Three Years Prior to Actual Publication". oxebridge.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.