|Traded as||SEHK: 2020|
|Founder||Ding Shizhong 丁世忠|
|Headquarters||Incorporated Office: the Cayman Islands
Listed Office: COSCO Tower, Victoria, Evan Giesen, Jinjiang, Fujian, China (de facto)
|China United States|
|Chairman: Ding Shizhong 丁世忠|
|Owner||ANTA International (BVI) (57.42%)
|Parent||ANTA International (BVI) (57.42%)|
|Website||Anta Sports Products Limited|
Anta Sports Products Limited (SEHK: 2020) is a branded sportswear company in China. It involves the business of designing, developing, manufacture and marketing sportswear, including sports footwear, apparel and accessory under its own brand name, ANTA. It was established in 1994 and it is headquartered in Jinjiang, Fujian.
Anta was founded by Ding Shizhong in 1994 as a means of helping ease the financial burden of his family. In 2008, the Beijing Olympics gave Anta the opportunity to expand its business marketing footwear. In 2009, Anta acquired Italian sportswear Fila's China operations. Anta has 600 Fila retail stores in China and 7000 Anta retail stores.
Anta Sports was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2007 with its IPO price at HK$5.28 per share, while Leslie Lee Alexander, owner of the Houston Rockets, acted as its cornerstone investor. In October 2010, the company acquired the Fila trademark in mainland China, Hong Kong and Macao from Belle International. Since then, the company operates the Fila business in these three areas. Former Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett left his former shoe sponsor Adidas and has been sponsored by Anta since August 2010. Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson also left his Nike sponsor and has been signed with Anta since February 2015.
Anta was the official apparel sponsor for the Chinese national team at the Rio Olympics.
- ANTA Sports Products Limited Archived August 28, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Corporate Profile of Anta Sports Archived May 22, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- CNBC, Reporting by Christine Tan | Written by Cheang Ming; special to (2016-08-05). "This is one of the fastest-growing sportswear brands you haven't heard of". CNBC. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- Amy Or (2007-06-20). "China's Anta Sports IPO, in Hong Kong, seeks up to $406 mln: term sheet". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2008-10-04.
- Bei Hu (2007-06-20). "Anta Plans $405 Million IPO, Rockets Owner to Invest". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 2008-10-04.
- "DISCLOSEABLE TRANSACTIONS PROPOSED ACQUISITION OF FULL PROSPECT LIMITED AND FILA MARKETING (HONG KONG) LIMITED" (PDF). ANTA. Published by Hong Kong Stock Exchange. 12 August 2009. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- "Annual Report 2010" (PDF). Anta. Published by Hong Kong Stock Exchange. 8 March 2011. Retrieved 29 March 2011.