APEC Indonesia 2013
|APEC Indonesia 2013|
|Motto||Resilient Asia-Pacific, Engine of Global Growth|
|Venue(s)||Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center, Bali|
The APEC Indonesia 2013 was the 25th annual gathering of APEC leaders. It was held in Bali on 5–7 October 2013. The summit also saw the revival of wearing national dress, which had been explicitly discontinued by US President Barack Obama two years prior.
This was the first APEC meeting for Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott, Chinese President Xi Jinping, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe (in his comeback), South Korean President Park Geun-hye and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto since their inaugurations on 18 September 2013, 15 March 2013, 26 December 2012, 25 February 2013 and 1 December 2012, respectively.
It will also be the last APEC meeting for Chilean President Sebastian Piñera (who stepped down on March 11, 2014 following the 2013 Chilean election), as well Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra (who was ousted on May 7, 2014 following the 2013–14 political crisis in Thailand) and the host, Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (who stepped down on October 20, 2014 following the 2014 Indonesian presidential election).
|Attendees at the|
2013 APEC Economic Leaders' Meeting
|Australia||Prime Minister||Tony Abbott|
|Canada||Prime Minister||Stephen Harper|
|Hong Kong||Chief Executive||Leung Chun-ying|
|Indonesia||President||Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (host)|
|Japan||Prime Minister||Shinzō Abe|
|South Korea||President||Park Geun-hye|
|Malaysia||Prime Minister||Najib Razak|
|Mexico||President||Enrique Peña Nieto|
|New Zealand||Prime Minister||John Key|
|Papua New Guinea||Prime Minister||Peter O'Neill|
|Philippines||President||Benigno Aquino III|
|Singapore||Prime Minister||Lee Hsien Loong|
|Chinese Taipei||Special Representative||Vincent Siew|
|Thailand||Prime Minister||Yingluck Shinawatra|
|United States*||Secretary of State||John Kerry|
|Vietnam||President||Trương Tấn Sang|
|(*) U.S. President Barack Obama did not attend the leaders summit. Representative was sent and attended on his behalf.|
- Darren Mara (2013-09-19). "Indonesian MPs upset over asylum policy". sbs.com.au. SBS. Retrieved 2013-09-19.
- "Tony Abbott to miss out on meeting with Barack Obama at Apec summit". The Guardian. October 4, 2013. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- Perlez, Jane; Cochrane, Joe (October 8, 2013). "Obama's Absence Leaves China as Dominant Force at Asia-Pacific Meeting". The New York Times. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- "APEC CEO Summit 2013 Gathers Government and Business Leaders of the Asia-Pacific to Seek Path "Towards Resilience and Growth"". PR Newswire. August 28, 2013. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- "Obama cancels Asia trip over US shutdown". Al Jazeera. October 4, 2013. Archived from the original on July 28, 2020. Retrieved June 29, 2021.