Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
"Lifeline of the Nation"
"బస్సు చక్రం రాష్ట్ర ప్రగతికి చిహ్నం"
|Public Sector Corporation under the Ministry of Transport of the State Government's of Andhra Pradesh|
|Industry||Public transport bus service|
|Founded||11 January 1958|
|Headquarters||Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Andhra Pradesh, Telangana,Karnataka, Orissa, Tamil Nadu, Chattis ghad, Yanam(Puduchery)|
|Sidda Raghava Rao, Chairman
M. Malakondaiah (I.P.S) , Vice-Chairman and MD
|Products||Bus transport, Services|
|Revenue||₹51 billion (US$760 million)|
|Profit||₹1.18 billion (US$18 million)|
Number of employees
Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (or APSRTC) is the state-owned road transport corporation in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Its headquarters are located at RTC House in Pandit Nehru bus station of Vijayawada.
The organisation is divided into four zones with twelve Regional Managers. It has a total of 11,154 scheduled buses operating in 44.15 lakh kilometers and has a total of 426 bus stations and 126 bus depots.
Types of services
APSRTC operates various kinds of services such as, "Vennela", "Amaravathi" "Garuda Plus", "Garuda" and "Indra".
Performance and earnings
Awards and achievements
- Highest KMPL fuel efficiency for the year 2011-12 – Mofussil services and Vijayawada (urban division).
- Best Road Safety record for the year 2012–13.
Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation has a number of firsts to its credit in India.
- First to nationalize passenger Road Transport Services in the country-1932.
- First to introduce long distance night express services.
- First to introduce A/C Sleeper, Hi-tech, Metro Liner, Inter-City Services and Metro Express.
- First to introduce Depot computerisation-1986.
- First to appoint Safety Commissioner for improving the safety of the passengers.
- All the 126 Depots in the State are computerized.
- Reservation of tickets on telephone and door delivery of tickets.
- "APSRTC Equals Indian Railways in Ferrying Passengers". Outlookindia.com. Retrieved 2015-03-11.
- "APSRTC: First govt agency to shift staff to Vijayawada". The New Indian Express. 9 June 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- "Profile". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Archived from the original on 15 March 2015. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "RTC to replace over-aged buses in phased manner".
- "RTC heads for split amid fears, anxiety". The Hindu. Vijayawada. 1 December 2014. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Largest Fleet of Buses". worldrecordholdersclub. 1 December 2012.
- "APSRTC awards and achievements" (PDF). Andhra_Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. 7 July 2014. Retrieved 18 March 2015.