This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Certification||South Korean standard|
|Key sizes||128, 192, or 256 bits|
|Block sizes||128 bits|
|Rounds||12, 14, or 16|
|Best public cryptanalysis|
|Meet-in-the-middle attack on 8 rounds with data complexity 256|
In cryptography, ARIA is a block cipher  designed in 2003 by a large group of South Korean researchers. In 2004, the Korean Agency for Technology and Standards selected it as a standard cryptographic technique.
The algorithm uses a substitution–permutation network structure based on AES. The interface is the same as AES: 128-bit block size with key size of 128, 192, or 256 bits. The number of rounds is 12, 14, or 16, depending on the key size. ARIA uses two 8×8-bit S-boxes and their inverses in alternate rounds; one of these is the Rijndael S-box.
The reference source code of ARIA cipher implemented in C, C++, and Java can be downloaded from KISA's cryptography use activation webpage.
- KS X 1213:2004
- RFC 5794: A Description of the ARIA Encryption Algorithm
- RFC 6209: Addition of the ARIA Cipher Suites to Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- A. Biryukov; C. De Cannière; J. Lano; B. Preneel; S. B. Örs (January 7, 2004). "Security and Performance Analysis of ARIA" (PostScript). Version 1.2—Final Report. Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. Retrieved March 2, 2007. Cite journal requires
- Wenling Wu; Wentao Zhang; Dengguo Feng (2006). "Impossible Differential Cryptanalysis of ARIA and Camellia" (PDF). Retrieved January 19, 2007. Cite journal requires
- Xuehai Tang; Bing Sun; Ruilin Li; Chao Li (March 30, 2010). "A Meet-in-the-Middle Attack on ARIA" (PDF). Retrieved April 24, 2010. Cite journal requires
- "KISA: Block Cipher: ARIA". seed.kisa.or.kr.
- Kwon, Daesung; Kim, Jaesung; Park, Sangwoo; Sung, Soo Hak; Sohn, Yaekwon; Song, Jung Hwan; Yeom, Yongjin; Yoon, E-Joong; Lee, Sangjin; Lee, Jaewon; Chee, Seongtaek; Han, Daewan; Hong, Jin (2003). New Block Cipher: ARIA. Springer International Publishing. pp. 432–445. ISBN 978-3-540-24691-6.
- "KISA: Cryptographic algorithm source code: ARIA". seed.kisa.or.kr.