|Public company (TSE: 3169)|
|David C. Wang|
|Products||Non-PCI Ethernet controllers,
Ethernet microcontroller SoCs,
I/O connectivity Controllers
Embedded Wireless Modules
ASIX Electronics Corp. (Traditional Chinese: 亞信電子股份有限公司) is a fabless semiconductor supplier with a focus on networking, communication, and connectivity applications. ASIX Electronics specializes in network connectivity solutions and provides Ethernet-centric silicon products such as non-PCI Ethernet controller, USB 2.0 to LAN controller, and network SoC for embedded networking applications.
ASIX was founded in May 1995 in Hsinchu Science Park, Taiwan. In 2002, ASIX announced its first USB to MII chip. In June 2007, Electronicstalk.com featured the AX11005BF, billed as the industry smallest single-chip embedded Ethernet MCU. Electronicstalk.com describes powering embedded systems in a machine to machine world (M2M) in reference to the AX110xx family of chips.
- ASIX Electronics introduced the industry's first:
- USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Non-PCI/USB 2.0 Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Single chip microcontroller with TCP/IP, 10/100 Mbit Fast Ethernet MAC/PHY, and flash
- Industry smallest single chip embedded Ethernet MCU
- Asix Electronics saw its revenues jump 59.3% sequentially to NT$31.5 million (US$957,000) in December 2006 on shipments of USB-to-Ethernet controller ICs for Nintendo's Wii consoles, according to market sources. 
- ASIX is listed as a vendor in the 2007 EDN Microprocessor Directory.[permanent dead link]
- ASIX Electronics Corp:To acquire 100 pct stake in ZYWYN CORPORATION with amount of $8 million. 
The current offerings are as follows:
- Non-PCI/PCMCIA embedded Ethernet
- High-speed USB-to-LAN
- Embedded network SoC
- I/O connectivity
- Embedded Wireless Modules
Wii LAN Adapter
ASIX manufactures the chipset in the Wii LAN Adapter. The Wii is equipped with Wi-Fi but does not include an Ethernet port; gamers can purchase a Wii LAN Adapter sold by Nintendo and other manufacturers to give Ethernet capability to the Wii.