|Traded as||Euronext: ASM, NASDAQ: ASMI|
|Founder||Arthur del Prado|
|Chuck del Prado (CEO), Gert-Jan Kramer (Chairman of the supervisory board)|
|Products||Equipment for semiconductor fabrication, assembly and packaging|
|Revenue||€1.223 billion (2010)|
|€328.6 million (2010)|
|€110.6 million (2010)|
|Total assets||€1.214 billion (end 2010)|
|Total equity||€647.2 million (end 2010)|
Number of employees
|1,670 (end 2016)|
ASM International is a leading supplier of semiconductor process equipment for wafer processing. It is a global company, based in 14 countries.
ASM pioneered important aspects of many established wafer-processing technologies used in industry, including lithography, deposition, ion implant and single-wafer epitaxy. In recent years, we brought Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) and Plasma Enhanced Atomic Layer Deposition (PEALD) from R&D right through to mainstream production at advanced manufacturers sites.
Their broad portfolio of innovative technologies and products are being used right now by the most advanced semiconductor fabrication plants around the world. Helping them to progress along their technology roadmap. Making integrated circuits or chips smaller, faster and more powerful for everyone.
The company was founded by Arthur del Prado (1931-2016) in 1968. ASMi has been the co-founder with Philips Electronics of the company ASML. The shares of the company are listed on the Nasdaq and Euronext Amsterdam. Since 2008 the son of Arthur del Prado, Chuck del Prado, is the new CEO. The company has come under siege of several well known hedge funds (Fursa, Hermes, Centaurus).
On Aug 5, 2004, ASM International completed the acquisition of Genitech, Inc., a privately held semiconductor equipment supplier in South Korea, for $5.2 million in cash and $4 million in common shares. As of 2016, it has 1,670 staff.
- "Annual Report 2010 (Form 20-F)". ASM International. Archived from the original on 28 July 2011. Retrieved 31 March 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Company profile". www.asm.com. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- Activists Shaking Up Boardrooms Once Again Archived May 22, 2011, at the Wayback Machine, TheStreet.com, April 29, 2008
- "ASM International Completes Acquisition of Genitech, Ltd". Archived from the original on 2016-03-07. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "ASMI 2016 Statutory annual report" (PDF).[dead link]
|This Dutch corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|