This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Passion for Innovation
|Traded as||TWSE: 3515|
Spun-off from ASUSTek Computer
|Chairman of the Board: Ted Hsu
General Manager: Sterling Wu
Chief Operating Officer: LL Shiu
|Products||Motherboards, HTPC, Server, IPC|
|Revenue||NT$10.361 Billion / $329.5 Million (2013)|
|NT$1,154.4 Million / $36.7 Million (2013)|
|NT$1,061.4 Million / $33.8 Million (2013)|
Number of employees
ASRock Inc. (Chinese: 華擎科技股份有限公司) is a manufacturer of motherboards, industrial PCs and home theater PCs (HTPC) based in Taiwan. It is led by Ted Hsu, was founded in 2002 and is currently owned by Pegatron.
ASRock Inc. is a Taiwan-based electronics manufacturer which focuses on the development of motherboards, industrial PCs, and HTPCs.
ASRock was originally spun off from Asus in 2002 in order to compete with companies like Foxconn for the commodity OEM market. Since then, ASRock has also gained momentum in the DIY sector and plans for moving the company upstream began in 2007 following a successful IPO on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
ASRock has distributors in over 90 countries around the world and branches in Europe, US and China.
ASRock established itself as a server motherboard affiliate in April 2013, having received orders from 10 mid-size clients for server and industrial PC motherboards and forming partnerships with system integrators.
ASRock is the world’s third largest motherboard manufacturer, having cooperated with Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel - 12 times FPS World Games championship record holder - in the development of a gaming-oriented enthusiast motherboard in 2011. Additionally, in early 2012 ASRock enlisted the help of HWBOT world overclocking champion, Nick Shih.
Products and service
Besides motherboards, ASRock also sells desktop minicomputers. Three ASRock products were short-listed for the 2012 Taiwan Brand Award for the first time, and then became endorsed products of the External Trade Development Council when they were promoting the quality image of Taiwan brands globally. In 2012, ASRock stepped into the industrial PC and server motherboard market.
ASRock is the World’s top 3 motherboard brand and the distribution channels cover electronics stores, PC stores, gadget retailers and online shops. Major sales regions in 2011 included Europe for 37.68%, Central and South America accounted for 21.13%, Asia Pacific region accounted for 40.95% and other markets accounted for only 0.24%. As a whole, ASRock accounted for a large proportion of sales in Asia and Europe in terms of overall performance.
The Top 3 Motherboard Brand
- Korea: ASRock is the No.1 brand according to the Korea motherboard market share analysis in June 2012 (61% market share).
- Japan: ASRock ranked No.2 in Japan.
According to the annual report for Digitimes 2011, ASRock has been growing very fast in the past few years. ASRock has been one of the top 3 motherboard brands for 2 consecutive years.
|Company||2011 shipments||2012 shipments|
(Note: MSI and ECS' OEM shipments are not included in the figures. Source: Companies and market watchers, compiled by Digitimes, November 2012)
ASRock received a Tom's Hardware 2012 Recommended Buy Award for their X79 Extreme4 motherboard, and also won the Xbit labs 2012 Editor Recommended Award with Z77 Extreme4. Furthermore, ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3, Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 and the mini PC series was awarded three 2011 Taiwan Brand Awards.
- List of companies of Taiwan
- Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS)
- Gigabyte Technology
- Micro-Star International (MSI)
- "Financial Statements For Asrock Inc (3515)". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "ASRock shares soar in big board debut". Taipei Times. 9 November 2007. Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- "ASUS To Gradually Reduce Holdings In Pegatron Technology". Legit Reviews. 29 March 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "ASRock to supply server motherboards to Alibaba". DIGITIMES. 16 March 2015. Archived from the original on 16 March 2015.
- "Asrock Becomes World's Third Largest Maker of Mainboards". X-bit labs. 30 January 2011. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "About ASRock". ASRock. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "MB recommended - June mainboard Top Rank-trend is Ivy Bridge". Danawa. 1 June 2012. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Motherboard mail order price comparison". Kakaku. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Gigabyte to achieve growth in 2012 motherboard and graphics card shipments". DIGITIMES. 13 November 2012. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "System Builder Marathon, August 2012". Tom's Hardware. 21 August 2012. Retrieved 16 February 2013.
- "Two LGA 1155 Mainboards from ASRock Reviewed: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and ASRock Z77 Extreme6". X-bit labs. 6 June 2012. Retrieved 16 February 2013.
- "ASRock products won the Taiwan Excellence Award for the first time that the full award finalists". ASRock. Retrieved 21 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ASRock.|