ATV Offroad Fury 2
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|ATV Offroad Fury 2|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment (U.S.)
|Series||ATV Offroad Fury|
ATV Offroad Fury 2 is the second racing video game in the ATV Offroad Fury series, developed by Rainbow Studios and released on November 9, 2002. The game is preceded by ATV Offroad Fury and followed by ATV Offroad Fury 3. As is the rest of the series, the game revolves around racing on all-terrain vehicles (ATVs).
Expanding from its predecessor, ATV Offroad Fury 2 features more ATVs (including Ravage Talons), along with more vehicles, mini-games, championships, and others. The ATVs do not suffer damage, but their occupants are vulnerable to dismounts from ATVs, if the vehicle lands poorly or another racer lands on the player. Also, after riding for an extended period of time, the ATVs will become dirty. They can be cleaned by resetting or driving into the water. However, if the player stays in the deep water for more than 5 seconds, they are teleported out of the water. If the player drives out of bounds, they will dismount from their ATV and fly through the air. The game also features new point-earning tricks, as well as championships where players can earn profile points for each race completed. Completing championships will unlock a new event such as Freestyle events, which objective the players must complete within the time limit. The game also offers minigames.
ATV Offroad Fury 2 is also the first installment in the series to offer online play, which allows players to challenge other players over an online network (including a set of Lobbies), connected via i-Link, local area network (LAN) or other network connections.
The range of stunts featured in ATV Offroad Fury 2 are typically activated by tapping a combination of buttons while the player's ATV is in the air, to activate stunt-based combo moves. Each set of tricks also require a different amount of time to perform.
- Smith, David (November 12, 2002). "ATV Offroad Fury 2". IGN. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "ATV Offroad Fury 2 for PlayStation 2". GameRankings. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "ATV Offroad Fury 2 for PlayStation 2 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- EGM staff (February 2003). "ATV Offroad Fury 2". Electronic Gaming Monthly: 135. Archived from the original on June 4, 2004. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- Reiner, Andrew (January 2003). "ATV Off Road Fury 2 [sic]". Game Informer (117): 92. Archived from the original on December 5, 2008. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- Bro Buzz (December 6, 2002). "ATV Offroad Fury 2 Review for PS2 on GamePro.com". GamePro. Archived from the original on January 20, 2005. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- Sanders, Shawn (November 7, 2002). "ATV Offroad Fury 2 Review". Game Revolution. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- Davis, Ryan (November 21, 2002). "ATV Offroad Fury 2 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- Murphy, Kevin (January 22, 2003). "GameSpy: ATV Offroad Fury 2". GameSpy. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- Bedigian, Louis (November 18, 2002). "ATV Offroad Fury 2 - PS2 - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on December 30, 2008. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- Rybicki, Joe (January 2003). "ATV Offroad Fury 2". Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine: 120. Archived from the original on June 18, 2004. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- Satterfield, Shane (December 18, 2002). "'ATV Offroad Fury 2' (PS2) Review". X-Play. Archived from the original on December 22, 2002. Retrieved March 18, 2015.