ATV Offroad Fury 4
|ATV Offroad Fury 4|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Series||MX vs. ATV|
ATV Offroad Fury 4 sees the introduction of new vehicles such as MX motocycles, Trophy Trucks and Dune Buggies, alongside existing ATV quad racers; this allows the game to include up to 50 Championship Modes. In addition to improved graphics, it also has an additional 60 tracks and improved online gaming.
In terms of in-game controls, more tricks are possible while the player is on an MX motorcycle, but none can be performed while the player is controlling a Trophy Truck or Dune Buggy. Similar to the risk of being thrown off an ATV or motorcycle during the game, Trophy Trucks and Dune Buggies are vulnerable to rollovers, after which the player's vehicle will be automatically reset back on its wheels, as it is when thrown off of an ATV or motorcycle. The game also offers tutorials on how to drive Trophy Trucks and Dune Buggies.
Similar to NASCAR Thunder 2004 is the introduction of rivals. All opponents have an icon above them; when a player hits an opponent, the opponent's icon will turn red and the opponent will be more aggressive towards the player.
The game has a "Story Mode" where players compete in events around the world and are required to complete a certain number of events to move on.
ATV Offroad Fury 4 includes more mini-games, such as "Ice Hockey" (introduced in ATV Offroad Fury 2), "Scavenger Hunt", "King Of The Hill", "Bowling", and "Ring of Fire".
A PlayStation Portable version was released at the same time titled ATV Offroad Fury Pro and offers the same vehicles as the PlayStation 2 version, but with extra race tracks, vehicles and mini-games. It features both ad hoc (local area network) or Infrastructure (web) multiplayer modes. It offers tutorials in order to master the Trophy Trucks and Dune Buggies. A tutorial mode exists to help players master tricks. The MX Motocross has the same tricks as the ATVs. The championship modes offer stunt challenges, mini-games and races. The game also includes a new class of vehicles known as snowmobiles which are exclusive to this game.
- "ATV Offroad Fury 4 for PlayStation 2 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- Whitehead, Dan (April 25, 2008). "PS2 Roundup (Page 3)". Eurogamer. Retrieved March 21, 2015.
- Kato, Matthew (January 2007). "ATV Offroad Fury 4". Game Informer (165). Archived from the original on September 18, 2008. Retrieved March 21, 2015.
- Hamster 4 Sale (December 2006). "Review: Offroad Fury 4". GamePro: 119. Archived from the original on October 5, 2007. Retrieved March 21, 2015.
- Andrien, Chris (November 28, 2006). "ATV Offroad Fury 4 Review". Game Revolution. Retrieved March 21, 2015.
- Ekberg, Brian (October 31, 2006). "ATV Offroad Fury 4 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved March 21, 2015.
- Chapman, David (October 25, 2006). "GameSpy: ATV Offroad Fury 4". GameSpy. Retrieved March 21, 2015.
- "ATV Offroad Fury 4 Review". GameTrailers. November 29, 2006. Retrieved March 21, 2015.
- Bedigian, Louis (October 25, 2006). "ATV Offroad Fury 4 - PS2 - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on October 4, 2008. Retrieved March 21, 2015.
- Roper, Chris (October 31, 2006). "ATV Offroad Fury 4 Review". IGN. Retrieved March 21, 2015.