AVN Adult Entertainment Expo
|AVN Adult Entertainment Expo|
|Genre||Adult Entertainment, Erotica, Pornography|
|Venue||Hard Rock Hotel and Casino|
|Location(s)||Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.|
|Organized by||AVN (magazine)|
The AVN Adult Entertainment Expo (AEE) is an adult entertainment convention and trade show held each January in Las Vegas, Nevada and is sponsored by AVN magazine. AEE is the largest pornography industry trade show in the United States. The 2007 AVN Expo had over 30,000 attendees, which included 355 exhibiting companies.
The AEE is a four-day show which mixes industry-only events with open hours for fans seeking autographs, photo opportunities, and memorabilia. The first two days are "Trade Only" (with access limited to people in the adult industry), and the remainder of the show includes open hours for fans. One of the major aspects of the AEE is that most of the major adult entertainment stars make appearances. The AVN Awards are presented on the show's closing night. The 2018 show was held January 24–27.
Until 2012, the AEE was usually held at the Sands Expo and Convention Center concurrently with the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). In 2012, the AEE was held at the Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel and Casino on January 18–21, one week after the 2012 CES to help exhibitors minimize travel expenses and maximize networking opportunities.
In 2013, the 15th annual AEE was again held at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, and the 2014 AEE was held January 15–18 at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, as was the 2015 AEE.
The 1998 AEE and associated 15th AVN Awards are the subject of David Foster Wallace's article "Neither Adult nor Entertainment", published in Premiere, and later reprinted and extended as "Big Red Son", the first essay of his collection Consider the Lobster. The 2003 AEE was filmed as part of the production of the 2004 film The Girl Next Door.
- Stephen Clark (April 1, 2006). "Ex-stripper evangelizes to sex industry". The Seattle Times. Archived from the original on December 9, 2007. Retrieved January 4, 2008.
- "Adult Tradeshow hits Las Vegas". networkinvegas.com. Retrieved May 31, 2015.
- "Adult Entertainment Expo". adultentertainmentexpo.com. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- Delen Goldberg (September 14, 2011). "AVN porn expo is moving to the Hard Rock Hotel". Vegasinc.com. Retrieved September 26, 2011.
- John Gaudiosi (June 9, 2011). "AVN Adult Entertainment Expo Divorces from CEA for CES 2012". Gamerlive.tv. Archived from the original on September 23, 2011. Retrieved September 26, 2011.
- "AVN Adult Entertainment Expo 2013". Las Vegas Review-Journal. January 17, 2013. Archived from the original on January 11, 2014. Retrieved January 11, 2014.
- Hottest stars of the adult industry sizzle at the AVN Show 2015, New York Daily News slideshow
- "David Foster Wallace, Traditionalist? Considering 'Both Flesh and Not: Essays'". The Daily Beast. Retrieved June 12, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AVN Adult Entertainment Expo.|