|Founded||7 September 2014 (1927/1965)|
|Slogan||Thuis bij AVROTROS|
(At Home with AVROTROS)
|Ed Nijpels (chairman)|
AVROTROS, stylized as avrotros, is a Dutch radio and television broadcaster, dating back to 1927. AVROTROS resulted in 2014 from a merger of its predecessors AVRO and TROS. From 1 January 2014 the name of the merged broadcaster was used in joint programmes; since 7 September 2014 all existing programmes broadcast under the name AVROTROS.
Following the Netherlands' victory at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019, with Duncan Laurence's song "Arcade", Netherlands and AVROTROS (in collaboration with NPO and NOS) will host the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 in Rotterdam.
The AVRO was housed in the AKN building in 's Gravelandseweg in Hilversum from the year 2000 to 31 December 2013. The TROS has been working since 1970 from the former Christian Lyceum on the Lage Naarderweg. On 20 June 2012, it was announced that both broadcasters would move into the Wereldomroepgebouw building after the merger. The move was completed after a renovation on 1 January, 2014.
In 2014, the merged broadcaster put Vondelparkpaviljoen which had been renovated into use, named as "Vondel CS". A number of radio and television studios are housed here. It was opened to the public on 13 May 2014 after a major renovation. The building mainly offers room for public activities to offer members and other interested parties a bond with the broadcaster.
- Historie, AVROTROS (in Dutch)
- "Eurovision 2020 to be a co-production between Avrotros, NPO and NOS". EscXtra. 19 May 2019.
- 'vm Christelijk Lyceum, nu TROS-studio', Regio Gooi en Vechtstreek - Foto's en informatie (geraadpleegd: 8 september 2014).
- 'Avro en Tros willen naar Wereldomroep-pand', De Gooi- en Eemlander, 20 juni 2012 (geraadpleegd: 8 september 2014).
- Vondelparkpaviljoen in het Vondelpark te Amsterdam west.amsterdam.nl
- AVROTROS opent omroephuis in Vondelpark, parool.nl; 12 mei 2014.
- Official website (in Dutch)
|This article about mass media in the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|