AXN logo used September 24, 2015-present
|Launched||21 September 1997|
|Network||Sony Pictures Television|
|Owned by||Sony Pictures Entertainment|
|Picture format||480i SDTV
16:9 aspect ratio
|Broadcast area||South East Asia:
|Headquarters||No. 10 Changi Business Park Central 2 #03-01
Hansapoint @ CBP
Changi, Singapore and Studio in Mumbai
|Sister channel(s)||Animax Asia
|Astro (Malaysia)||Channel 701 (SD)
Channel 721 (HD)
|TrueVisions (Thailand)||Channel 336 (HD)|
|MNC Vision (Indonesia)||Channel 154 (SD)
Channel 438 (HD)
|Kristal-Astro (Brunei)||Channel 701 (SD)
Channel 721 (HD)
|BiGTV (Indonesia)||Channel 204 (SD)
Channel 205 (HD)
|VTC Digital (Vietnam)||Channel 9 (HD)|
|G Sat (Philippines)||Channel 12 (SD)|
|Cignal (Philippines)||Channel 121 (SD)|
|PBS TV (Fiji)||Channel 553|
|CBTV Sat (China)||Channel 307|
|SKY Perfect (Japan)||Channel 725|
|I Hits (Japan)||Channel 232|
|JC Hits (Japan)||Channel 757|
|SKY Perfect e2 (Japan)||Channel 311|
|SkyLife (South Korea)||Channel 66 (HD)|
|Sky Net (Myanmar)||Channel 107 (SD)|
|4TV DTH (Myanmar)||Channel 7 (SD)
Channel 73 (HD)
|TransVision (Indonesia)||Channel 301 (HD)|
|K+ (Vietnam)||Channel 56|
|Dialog TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 93 (SD)
Channel 116 (HD)
|D-Sky (Taiwan)||Channel 8|
|Sky Direct (Philippines)||Channel 34 (HD)|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 511 (SD/HD)|
|First Media (Indonesia)||Channel 51 (SD)
Channel 332 (HD)
|SkyCable / Destiny Cable (Philippines)||Channel 49 (SD)
Channel 247/737 (HD)
(Bacolod, Cebu, Davao, Baguio, Iloilo, Dumaguete and General Santos)
|Pioneer Cable Vision Inc. (PCVI) (Philippines)||Channel 22 (SD)|
|Cablelink (Philippines)||Channel 38|
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 62 (HD)|
|J:COM (Japan)||Channel 252 (Digital)|
|Caceres Cable TV (Philippines)||Channel 304 (Digital)|
|Cable TV Hong Kong (Hong Kong)||Channel 22(SD)
|SCTV (Vietnam)||Channel 63|
|HTVC (Vietnam)||Channel 29/52|
|TrueVisions (Thailand)||Channel 336 (HD)|
|MediaNet (Maldives)||Channel 523 (SD)
Channel 814 (HD)
|Astro B.yond (Malaysia)||Channel 721 (HD)|
|now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 512 (SD/HD)|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 304 (HD)|
|myTV Super(Hong Kong)||Channel 502|
|HyppTV (Malaysia)||Channel 619 (HD) (Coming Soon)|
|4th MEDIA (Japan)||Channel 441|
AXN Asia is a pay-TV, cable and satellite TV channel owned by Sony Pictures Television. It is available throughout 20 countries around Asia (Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Laos, Vietnam and Thailand). AXN Asia delivers 24 hours a day of action TV series, movies, and adventure-reality and lifestyle sports programs. AXN introduced their current logo before season 9 of The Voice on September 22, 2015 at 8.10 PM (MAL/SIN).
AXN primarily airs shows from the U.S. and U.K. (including selected shows produced/distributed by Sony Pictures Television), with new episodes airing on the same day after their U.S. telecast. The channel also airs original programming specifically made for Southeast Asian viewers, as well as movies from Sony's film studios (Columbia and TriStar) and other Hollywood film studios.
Upon its launch, in the late 1990s and early 21st century, AXN broadcast several anime series, many in their original Japanese audio with English subtitles, both in the mornings and evenings, and held annual anime festivals around Southeast Asia. Its anime programming would later be transferred onto Animax Asia in 2004, the preparations for which Sony had been planning since the late 1990s. In the last quarter of 2010, selected anime programs from Animax Asia, dubbed in English-language audio, aired both in the mornings and evenings. This feed was then made available in the Philippines territory only, but was discontinued in August 2016 as AXN would focus on its main programming.
- The Amazing Race Asia - a local version of the American reality competition series The Amazing Race; the fifth season premiered in 2016.
- The Apartment
- The Apprentice Asia - premiered in 2013
- Asia's Got Talent - premiered in 2015; second season premiered in 2017.
- Cash Cab Asia
- The Contender Asia - Muay Thai boxing reality show similar to The Contender; season 1 premiered on January 16, 2008
- The Duke - men's lifestyle magazine talk show; season 1 premiered in 2009
- e-Buzz - entertainment news show, hosted by Jaymee Ong; ongoing
- The Kitchen Musical (was available in Singapore)
- Sony Style - lifestyle and entertainment magazine show sponsored by Sony; seasons 2 & 3 hosted by Oli Pettigrew
- Ultimate Escape - holiday adventure show; the first season aired from October 29, 2007 to November 19, 2007
- AXN feeds
- AXN Pan-regional (SEA: South East Asia)
- AXN India
- AXN Indonesia (same as the SEA feed with local advertisements)
- AXN Japan
- AXN Korea (joint venture with CU Media)
- AXN Pakistan (same as Indian feed, only local advertising)
- AXN Philippines (separated from the SEA feed including local advertisements, Anime Programming from Animax Asia and Movies but locally produced show Ten was not shown in SEA feed)
- AXN Singapore (separated from the SEA feed including local advertisements)
- AXN Taiwan
- AXN Beyond (later known as BeTV; now Sony Channel)
- AXN Beyond Malaysia
- AXN Beyond Pan-regional
- AXN Beyond Philippines
There are two feeds for Pan Asian; one is aimed at viewers in Hong Kong and Thailand only, while the other ones is aimed at the rest of South East Asia. The shows on both the feeds are same, only with different advertising and promo timings. This is also the case with the Philippine feed, which sometimes carries or drops certain shows for reasons of programming rights. AXN Pakistan and AXN India do share the same program content and schedules, however, advertising is different on both beams.
AXN broadcasts all of their dramas in high definition. The network is available in HD in Korea on 1 March 2009 and was launched in Singapore on StarHub TV Channel 559 on 25 May 2010. In Malaysia it was launched on 16 June 2010 on Astro channel 721. In Thailand it was launched on 12 July 2011 on TrueVisions channel 12 and in India was launched on 19 July 2014 on Videocon D2H channel 176. It premiered in Sri Lanka on Dialog TV's HD package in 2013 and occupies channel slot 90. In the Philippines it was launched on 20 April 2015 on SkyCable channel 247 & Sky Direct Channel 34 and also on Singtel TV
- Animax Asia
- BeTV (former TV channel)
- Sony Channel (Asia) (former TV channel known as SET South East Asia)
- SET Asia (India region)
- http://www.axn-asia.com/ Vietnam
- About AXN Archived October 14, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Magz Ozbourne (2007-12-01). "AXN - Evolution". Television Asia. Archived from the original on 2009-01-05. Retrieved 2009-09-30.
- Michael Flagg (2000-09-27). "Singapore's AXN Cable Channel Brings Action to Stagnant Market". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2009-09-30.
- "The Amazing Race Asia is back after six years". The New Paper. 2016-06-02. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- Donato, Jerry. "Born to play on The Apprentice Asia". philstar.com. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "Asia's Got Talent Season 2 premiere topped ratings in Singapore". Asian Television Awards. 2017-10-24. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- ‘Reality television is here to stay’
- The Duke at Telebisyon.net Archived February 21, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- e Buzz at Telebisyon.net Archived January 19, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Sony Style website Archived March 31, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- AXN Ultimate Escape Archived October 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- AXN HD in Singapore Archived May 25, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- AXN HD in Malaysia Archived June 5, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.