A&E Design is a Swedish design company, founded in 1968 by the duo Tom Ahlström (born 1943) and Hans Ehrich (born 1942), after graduating from Konstfack, the University College of Arts, Crafts and Design in Stockholm.
Since its inception, A & E Design has focused on developing useful every day products, and are known for their practical dishwashing brushes (for Norwegian Jordan, sold in more than sixty million items), queue-ticket dispensers (for Turn-O-Matic), and a folding stool for museums - Stockholm II.
A&E Design has received a considerable number of design awards and honours, including 14 Excellent Swedish Design Awards and 5 Red Dot Design Awards, of which three for Highest Design Quality. Among their clients are Alessi, C&B Italia, Colgate, Design House Stockholm, Lammhults, Scandinavian Airlines System, Siemens, and Zanotta.
- Vitemölla Chair By A&E Design < Furniture < Collection < Design House Stockholm - Scandinavian Design Today Archived July 9, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Helgesson, Susanne; Svenska former, p. 29; Prisma förlag; Stockholm 2000.
- A&E Design < Designers < Design House Stockholm - Scandinavia Today
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to A&E Design.|
- A&E Design - official homepage
- Red Dot interview with Swedish designer Hans Ehrich (English, Swedish).
- A&E Design on Youtube (Swedish).
|This Swedish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|