A Band Called Pain
|A Band Called Pain|
|Also known as||ABCP|
|Origin||Oakland, California, USA|
|Years active||2001 — present|
|Labels||Hieroglyphics Imperium Recordings|
|Website||A Band Called Pain.com|
Bryan "Dark Kent" Dean
Akili "Killz Atwillz" Peyton
|Past members||Tony Providence|
The band was formed by cousins Allen Richardson (also known as Allen Anthony formerly of the Roc-A-Fella Records R&B group Christion)and Shaun Bivens who both hail from the San Francisco Bay Area. The band's debut studio album Broken Dreams was released in 2006, and was dubbed one of the ten best (#6) California albums of the year by Zero Magazine. The first single from the album is the song "The Pieces". The song has a music video as well. The band's song "Holy" appeared on the Saw II soundtrack.
|“||We could have easily gone down the hip-hop or R&B route and each of us at one time or another given it a shot. We could be making raps about growing up in the hood and gang violence, but that's just not who we are. We're four guys who grew up loving heavy metal, so that's what we play. For us, it is the song that matters most.||”|
In October 2008, Tony Providence left the band and was replaced by Akili Peyton the following year.
- Allen Richardson — vocals (2001–present)
- Shaun Bivens — guitar (2001–present)
- Bryan Dean (aka Dark Kent) — bass (2001–present)
- Akili Peyton (aka Killz Atwillz) — drums (2009–Present)
- Tony Providence - drums (2001–2008)
- Broken Dreams (2006)
- Beautiful Gun (2010)
- Pirtle, David (2007-01-01). "NorCal Metal Report". Zero Magazine. Retrieved 2007-08-07.
- "Official Saw II Soundtrack: Artists' Addiction Records". SawSoundtrack.com. 2005. Archived from the original on 8 August 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-07.
- "A BAND CALLED PAIN To Release Debut Album In July". BlabberMouth.net. 2007-03-09. Retrieved 2007-08-07.