A Burning Hot Summer
|A Burning Hot Summer|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Philippe Garrel|
|Produced by||Edouard Weil|
|Written by||Philippe Garrel
|Music by||John Cale|
|Edited by||Yann Dedet|
|Distributed by||Wild Bunch Distribution|
A Burning Hot Summer (pre-release title: That Summer) is a 2011 drama film directed by Philippe Garrel, starring Monica Bellucci, Louis Garrel, Céline Sallette and Jérôme Robart. Its original French title is Un été brûlant, which means "A burning summer". The film tells the story of a stormy relationship between an actress and a painter.
- Monica Bellucci as Angèle
- Louis Garrel as Frédéric
- Céline Sallette as Élisabeth
- Jérôme Robart as Paul
- Vladislav Galard as Roland
- Vincent Macaigne as Achille
- Grégory Fitoussi as Lepartenare
- Maurice Garrel as grandfather
The film was the second collaboration between director Philippe Garrel and the French production company Rectangle Productions. It received co-production support from Italy's Faro Film and Switzerland's Prince Film. The 3.1 million euro budget included money from the CNC, the Italian Ministry of Culture, the Swiss Federal Office for Culture, 400,000 euro from Eurimages and 192,000 euro from the Île-de-France region. The film was first announced in 2009 under the title J'ai gardé les anges, which means "I have guarded the angels". The title had been changed to the current when principal photography began in July 2010. Filming took place during eight weeks in Rome and Paris.
- Smith, Ian Hayden (2012). International Film Guide 2012. p. 121. ISBN 978-1908215017.
- Lemercier, Fabien (2010-07-26). "Summer heats up for the Garrels and Bellucci". Cineuropa. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- Dokhan, Julien (2009-06-10). "Philippe Garrel capture l'ange Monica Bellucci". AlloCiné (in French). Tiger Global. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- "Programme 68th Venice International Film Festival" (PDF). labiennale.org. Venice Biennale. 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- "Un été brûlant". AlloCiné (in French). Tiger Global. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
|This article related to a French film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|