A Chef in Love
|A Chef in Love|
|Directed by||Nana Dzhordzhadze|
|Music by||Goran Bregović|
Sony Pictures Classics
|Language||French / Georgian|
|Budget||17,000,000 ₣ (est.)|
A Chef in Love, (Georgian: შეყვარებული კულინარის 1001 რეცეპტი / Shekvarebuli kulinaris ataserti retsepti) is a 1996 Georgian film directed by Nana Dzhordzhadze. It stars Pierre Richard and Nino Kirtadze.
The film tells the story of Pascal Ichak, a French opera singer and chef living in Georgia, who opens a restaurant. It also shows the life in Georgia in the beginning of the 20th century, including its short period of independence (see Democratic Republic of Georgia). After the Bolshevik coup attempt of Georgia (1920), the chef refuses to emigrate and endures the brutalities of the new regime.
- List of submissions to the 69th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Georgian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "The 69th Academy Awards (1997) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- "A Chef in Love". New York Times. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- A Chef in Love on IMDb
- A Chef in Love at Rotten Tomatoes
- A Chef in Love at Box Office Mojo
- The New York Times movie review
|This article related to a Georgian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1990s romantic drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|