A Decade of Steely Dan is a compilation album by Steely Dan, released in 1985. It was the band's first compilation specifically for the compact disc market, and was certified a gold record by the RIAA.
The album acts as a de facto singles package, including every Top 40 hit enjoyed by the band prior to its release with the exceptions of "Josie" from 1978 and "Time Out of Mind" from 1981. The remaining six tracks include two additional charting singles "My Old School" and 'Kid Charlemagne," a cover of Duke Ellington's "East St. Louis Toodle-Oo" which had been issued as a promotional single and "Bad Sneakers" which missed the Billboard Hot 100 as a single, and two album tracks, "Bodhisattva" and "Babylon Sisters." It is currently out of print.
All tracks written by Walter Becker and Donald Fagen except where noted.
Taken from the liner notes to the box set Citizen Steely Dan; all individuals other than Fagen may not appear on tracks listed.
- Donald Fagen — vocals, keyboards
- Walter Becker — bass guitar, guitars, backing vocals
- Randy Brecker, Chuck Findley, Slyde Hyde, Lanny Morgan, Leo McCreary, John Rotella, Ernie Watts — brass instruments
- Tom Scott — woodwind instruments, horn arrangements
- Wayne Shorter — saxophones
- Pete Christlieb, Jim Horn, Plas Johnson, Jackie Kelso, Lanny Morgan, Bill Perkins — flutes, saxophones
- Walter Kane, George Marge — bass clarinets
- Victor Feldman — electric piano, percussion
- Paul Griffin, Don Grolnick, Michael Omartian, David Paich — keyboards
- Jeff Baxter, Larry Carlton, Cosmo Creek, Denny Dias, Jay Graydon, Steve Khan, Hugh McCracken, Dean Parks, Elliott Randall, Lee Ritenour — guitars
- Chuck Rainey — bass guitar
- Crusher Bennett, Gary Coleman, Steve Gadd, Jim Hodder, Rick Marotta, Jeff Porcaro, Bernard Purdie — drums, percussion
- Patti Austin, Venetta Fields, Frank Floyd, Diva Gray, Gordon Grody, Lani Groves, Patricia Hall, Clydie King, Myrna Matthews, Sherlie Matthews, Michael McDonald, Leslie Miller, David Palmer, Zachary Sanders, Timothy B. Schmit, Toni Wine — backing vocals
- Production personnel