A Different Breed of Killer
|A Different Breed of Killer|
|Origin||Knoxville, Tennessee, United States|
|Years active||2006–2010, 2012–2013, 2016–present|
Formed in October 2006, A Different Breed of Killer quickly made a name for themselves in the deathcore scene. Less than a year after their formation, the band signed with Rise Records and released I, Colossus, which received generally positive reviews. The band has toured with such bands as Whitechapel, Through the Eyes of the Dead, and Impending Doom.
Recently, A Different Breed Of Killer have announced they are preparing their second full-length to be titled The City. The album will be produced by the band's drummer Nija Walker, who has been a student of recording technologies for 8 years, and worked directly under world-renowned mastering engineer Seva at SoundCurrent Mastering in Knoxville, TN. The album will also be mastered by Seva. Also unique to this recording is plans to record, mix and master the entire album in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround sound. The band stated "to our knowledge this is the first time this process has been applied to a death metal record."
The band has also announced that they have left Rise Records and are in the process of securing a new label for The City.
Some of the members are in a new band named Persaeus.
On June 27, 2016, nearly 8 years after the release of I, Colossus, the band finally announced that "The Devouring Storm", a single from their second album The City, will be released on July 9, with the full album coming in November 2016. The band has also started an Indiegogo campaign to fund the album.
In 2017, the band announced that their new vocalist was Kevin Bivins of American deathcore bands Senor Bivins and What Lies Beneath. Bivins also announced the album would be released soon and that he designed the artwork for it.
- Nija Walker– drums (2006–present)
- Louie Thal – bass guitar (2007–present)
- Ethan Brown - guitar (2006–present)
- Kevin Bivins - vocals (2017-present)
- Trevor McKee – guitar, vocals (2006-2008, 2016-present)
- Patrick Hamilton - vocals (2006-2007)
- Klint Monroe - vocals (2008-2010)
- Kyle McNulty – bass guitar (2006-2007)
- Nathan Palmer - guitar (2008-2010)
- Jesse Mainor – vocals (2006-2008, 2012, 2016-2017)
- Studio albums
- I, Colossus (2008)
- The City (2017)
- 07 Demo (2007)
- "A Different Breed Of Killer Signs To Rise Records". September 20, 2007. Retrieved December 5, 2008.
- "I, Colossus review at About.com:Heavy Metal". Archived from the original on 2009-04-14.
- "I, Colossus review at Mammoth Press".
- "I, Colossus review at Punkband.com". Archived from the original on 2008-12-04.
- "A Different Breed Of Killer prepares album". August 31, 2009. Retrieved September 1, 2009.
- "A Different Breed of Killer's facebook page". June 30, 2016. Retrieved June 30, 2016.
- "The band's indiegogo campaign". June 30, 2016. Retrieved June 30, 2016.