A Different Drum
|A Different Drum|
|Parent company||A Different Drum|
|Country of origin||United States|
A Different Drum was an independent record label and online store based in the US state of Utah, founded in 1991, specializing in synthpop and related genres. The label has released hundreds of albums, singles, and compilations, and was the biggest synthpop label in the U.S. The label is regularly credited with helping to keep the Synthpop genre progressing during in the grunge rock mid-1990s and into the early 2000s, particularly supporting American Synthpop Groups (Cosmicity, The Echoing Green, B! Machine and others) in their early years.
The label was also a big supporter of Synthpop bands that had Billboard chart hits during the 1980s but found themselves in need of a supportive label in the late 1990s, such as Alphaville (band), and Real Life (band), putting out releases for both bands during this time.
The label was apparently closed in 2014, reportedly because founder Todd Durrant started a hobby business with his children and no longer had time to properly administer the label.
- Access Zero
- Alien Skin
- Alien Six
- A Blue Ocean Dream
- B! Machine
- Blu Mar Ten
- Blue October
- Code 64
- The Dignity of Labour
- Echo Image
- The Echoing Green
- Endless Shame
- Faith Assembly
- Junk Circuit
- Midnight Resistance
- Monica Schroeder
- Real Life
- Rupesh Cartel
- Wideband Network
- "A Different Drum Label Releases". MusicBrainz. Retrieved 2015-09-02.
- Forsberg, Niklas. "Synthpop in the USA". Release Magazine. Archived from the original on 3 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-21.
- "A Different Drum". GothicParadise.com. Retrieved 2015-09-02.
- "Alphaville Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved 2015-09-02.
- "Real Life Biography". Billboard. Retrieved 2015-09-02.
- "Imperfection by Real Life". MusicBrainz.org. Retrieved 2015-09-02.
- "Inside Out (Lost Single Mix) by Alphaville". MusicBrainz.org. Retrieved 2015-09-02.