A Disney Christmas Gift
|"A Disney Christmas Gift"|
|Walt Disney episode|
|Episode no.||Season 29
|Produced by||William Robert Yates|
|Featured music||Sammy Cahn
"On Christmas Morning"
Linda Laurie (lyrics)
John Debney (music)
|Original air date||December 4, 1982|
|Running time||60 minutes|
The episode is a Christmas-themed compilation of classic short cartoons featuring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck combined with excerpts from Disney feature films such as Melody Time, Bambi, Peter Pan, The Sword in the Stone and Cinderella, as well as the 1933 classic Silly Symphony short "The Night Before Christmas". The opening and closing numbers, featuring the song "On Christmas Morning" and its reprise, showcased Christmas at Disneyland. The lyrics were written by Linda Laurie with music by John Debney.
Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, the original full-length and shortened versions of "A Disney Christmas Gift" were rebroadcast on CBS and The Disney Channel. It was released on VHS, Betamax, CED and LaserDisc in 1986 and again in the 1990s but has not been released on DVD.
- "Once Upon a Wintertime" – Melody Time (1948)
- "Pluto's Christmas Tree" – Mickey Mouse, Pluto and Chip 'n' Dale (1952)
- "Bambi and Thumper" – Bambi (1942)
- "Peter Pan and the Darling children" – Peter Pan (1953)
- "The Clock Watcher" – Donald Duck (1945)
- "Merlin, Arthur and Archimedes" – The Sword in the Stone (1963)
- "Cinderella and Fairy Godmother" – Cinderella (1950)
- "The Night Before Christmas" – Silly Symphony (1933)
- "A Disney Christmas Gift - Overview - NYTimes.com". nytimes.com. Retrieved November 21, 2015.