A Divina Comédia ou Ando Meio Desligado
|A Divina Comédia ou Ando Meio Desligado|
|Studio album by Os Mutantes|
|Genre||Psychedelic rock, experimental rock|
|Producer||Arnaldo Saccomani (Album producer for Polydor)
Jeff Gibson, Johan Kugelberg (Reissue producers for Omplatten)
|Os Mutantes chronology|
A Divina Comédia ou Ando Meio Desligado is the third album by the Brazilian rock band Os Mutantes. The album was originally released in 1970 (see 1970 in music) and reissued in 1999 on Omplatten Records. The title in English means: The Divine Comedy or I Am a Bit Disconnected. "I am a bit disconnected" in this sense means "I feel a little spaced out." The second track features the band imitating California accents. The album as a whole is characterized by a mix of psychedelic and religious imagery.
It's also the first album by the band to break away from the Tropicália aesthetic, and move towards more of a pure rock sound. Except for a tongue-in-cheek version of the ballad "Chão de Estrelas", the record shows little Brazilian music influence. This shift in direction is speculated to be because their helpers and influences, Tropicalismo stars Caetano Veloso and Gilberto Gil were exiled by the Brazilian military dictatorship.
It was listed by Rolling Stone Brazil at #22 in the list of 100 best Brazilian albums in history. The magazine also elected the title song "Ando Meio Desligado" as the 50th greatest Brazilian song.
|1.||"Ando Meio Desligado"||Arnaldo Baptista, Rita Lee, Sérgio Dias||3:05|
|2.||"Quem Tem Medo de Brincar de Amor"||Baptista, Lee||3:40|
|3.||"Ave, Lúcifer"||Baptista, Lee, Élcio Decário||2:22|
|4.||"Desculpe, Babe"||Baptista, Lee||2:53|
|5.||"Meu Refrigerador não Funciona"||Baptista, Lee, Dias||6:34|
|6.||"Hey Boy"||Baptista, Decário||2:50|
|7.||"Preciso Urgentemente Encontrar um Amigo"||Roberto Carlos, Erasmo Carlos||3:50|
|8.||"Chão de Estrelas"||Orestes Barbosa, Sílvio Caldas||3:16|
|9.||"Jogo de Calçada"||Baptista, Wandler Cunha, Ilton Oliveira||3:35|
|11.||"Oh! Mulher Infiel"||Baptista||4:31|
- Os Mutantes
- Arnaldo Baptista: vocals (tracks 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11), keyboards and bass
- Rita Lee: vocals (tracks 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10), percussion, theremin, autoharp, recorder
- Sérgio Dias: vocals (tracks 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10), guitars and bass
- Rogério Duprat: orchestral arrangements
- Liminha: bass (tracks 2, 4, 6, 7)
- Dinho Leme: drums
- Raphael Villardi: acoustic guitar (tracks 3, 8) and vocals (track 3)
- Naná Vasconcelos: percussion (tracks 1, 4)
- "A Divina Comédia ou Ando Meio Desligado Info". Allmusic. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "Os 100 maiores discos da música brasileira" (in Portuguese). Umas Linhas. 2007-12-20. Archived from the original on 2009-10-08. Retrieved 2009-04-20.
- Pereira, Leonardo Dias (2009). "As 100 Maiores Músicas Brasileiras - "Ando Meio Desligado"". Rolling Stone Brasil (in Portuguese). Spring. Retrieved 6 January 2014.