|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015)|
The logo of A Favorita.
|Created by||João Emanuel Carneiro|
Carmo Dalla Vecchia
and big cast
|Theme music composer||Bajofondo|
|Opening theme||"Pa' Bailar"|
|Country of origin||Brazil|
|No. of episodes||
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||50-80 mins.|
|Original channel||Rede Globo|
|Picture format||(HDTV) 1080i - 16:9
(SDTV) 480i - 4:3
|Original release||June 2, 2008 – January 16, 2009|
|Preceded by||Duas Caras|
|Followed by||Caminho das Índias|
A Favorita storylines examine two friends, Donatela and Flora, who became rivals. One of them committed a crime and is lying, so there are two versions of the same story.
The series was originally screened as six episodes per week, from Monday to Saturday, with an average running time of one hour. Created by writer João Emanuel Carneiro, A Favorita has remained significant in terms of Globo's success and audience share, and also in Brazilian television drama history, tackling many controversial and taboo issues previously unseen on mainstream television in Brazil.
It made history for being the first telenovela where the public did not know who was the villain and who was telling the truth.
Donatela and Flora, two friends who became rivals. One of them committed a homicide and pretends to be innocent. There are two versions for the same story. Who, after all, is telling the truth? Donatela or Flora?
Donatela and Flora grew up together. Donatela lost her parents in an accident and ended up being adopted by Flora's family. By the time they were children, the two girls were best friends to the point of starting a country band, “Faísca e Espoleta” (Flash and Fusee). The partnership made a reasonable success at the time, but the career was interrupted after they met friends Marcelo and Dodi, to whom they became engaged. Donatela married Marcelo, Gonçalo Fontini's son, heir of a paper and cellulose corporation, while Flora married Dodi, an unscrupulous man who worked for his friend's father.
However, Donatela and Marcelo's happiness didn't last too long. The couple's first son, Matheus, was kidnapped when he was six months old, never to appear again. Since then the couple started to argue very often. In the meantime, Flora and Dodi split up and she had an affair with Marcelo. She gave birth to Lara, daughter to Marcelo, harming even more his relationship with Donatela and mostly the relationship between the two friends.
In the worst period of the crisis between Donatela and Flora, Marcelo was murdered. He was shot three times with a gun that, according to witnesses, was in Flora's possession. She was arrested and sent to jail for eighteen years. Donatela, despite of not forgiving Flora for the treason and for killing the love of her life, raised Lara with the love of a true mother.
Eighteen years later, after being released from prison, Flora starts trying to prove her innocence, blaming Donatela for the crime she has already paid for. Donatela fears that Flora may want to take her beloved daughter Lara away. Lara becomes the target of the dispute between the two women, who were once friends. While Flora tries to get her daughter back, Donatela will do everything she can to stop her.
|Cláudia Raia||Donatela Fontini, Main heroine|
|Patrícia Pillar||Flora Pereira da Silva, main villain|
|Murilo Benício||Dodi (Eduardo Gentil) accomplice of Flora, villain|
|Mariana Ximenes||Lara Pereira Fontini, Main heroine|
|Deborah Secco||Maria do Céu / Pâmela Queiroz|
|Carmo Dalla Vecchia||Zé Bob (José Roberto Duarte)|
|lucas||Cauã Reymond||Halley Gonzaga da Silva / Mateus Fontini|
|Thiago Rodrigues||Cassiano Copola Mendonça|
|Christine Fernandes||Rita Porto|
|Chico Diaz||Átila Mendonça|
|Cláudia Ohana||Cida Copola (Maria Aparecida Marelo Copola)|
|Elizângela||Cilene (Jucilene Maria Gonzaga)|
|Genézio de Barros||Pedro Pereira da Silva|
|Iran Malfitano||Orlandinho (Orlando Queiroz)|
|Leonardo Medeiros||Elias Filho|
|Mário Gomes||Gurgel (Francisco Gurgel)|
|Suzana Faini||Iolanda Marelo Copola|
|Rosi Campos||Tuca (Tereza)|
|Bel Kutner||Amelinha (Amélia Mendonça Gurgel)|
|Clarice Falcão||Mariana Copola Monteiro|
|Emanuelle Araújo||Manu (Manuela Ferreira) girlfriend of Dodi, villain|
|Fabrício Boliveira||Didu (Eduardo Rosa)|
|Gisele Fróes||Lorena Copola Mendonça|
|Giovanna Ewbank||Sharon (Maria do Perpétuo Socorro)|
|Jackson Antunes||Leonardo Monteiro (Léo)|
|Jean Pierre Noher||Pepe Molinos|
|Miguel Rômulo||Shiva Lênin Costa|
|Selma Egrei||Dulce Porto|
|Roberta Gualda||Greice Ferreira da Silva|
|Taís Araújo||Alícia Rosa|
|Luiz Bacelli||Darcy Queiroz|
|Eduardo Mello||Domênico Copola Monteiro|
|Hanna Romanazzi||Camila Porto|
|Renan Mayer||Tiago Mendonça Gurgel|
|Sofia Terra||Carolina Mendonça Gurgel|
- Special Guest Stars
|Nelson Xavier||Edivaldo Ferreira da Silva|
|Suely Franco||Geralda Queiroz|
|Juliana Paes||Maíra (dropped from the cast to act in Glória Perez's Caminho das Indias)|
- Invited Actors
|Ary Fontoura||Silveirinha accomplice of Flora, villain|
|Mauro Mendonça||Gonçalo Fontini|
|Milton Gonçalves||Romildo Rosa|
- Invited Actresses
|Lília Cabral||Catarina Copola Monteiro|
|Giulia Gam||Diva Palhares (Rosana Costa/Kato /Miranda)|
|José Mayer as "Augusto César"|
|Glória Menezes as "Irene"|
|Tarcísio Meira as "Copola"|
A Favorita has released three official soundtrack albums: one composed mostly of Brazilian songs (Nacional - "national" soundtrack), one mostly of international songs (Internacional), and a third one, with sertanejo music (a kind of Brazilian country music).
- Nacional soundtrack
- "É o Que Me Interessa" - Lenine (Flora's theme)
- "Amado" - Vanessa da Mata (Lara and Cassiano's / Lara and Halley's theme)
- "Sou Dela" - Nando Reis (Lara's theme)
- "Não Vou Me Adaptar" - - Arnaldo Antunes and Nando Reis (Didu's theme)
- "Quantas Vidas Você Tem?" - Moska (Rita and Didu's theme)
- "Fala" - Ritchie (Augusto César's theme)
- "Tudo Passa" - Túlio Dek (Halley's theme)
- "Pa'Bailar" - Bajofondo (opening theme)
- "Mulher Sem Razão" - Adriana Calcanhotto (Donatela and Zé Bob's theme)
- "Morena dos Olhos d'água" - Chico Buarque
- "O Tempo Vai Apagar" - Zé Renato (Rita's theme)
- "Me Abrace (Abrázame)" - Camila & Wanessa Camargo (Stela's theme)
- Internacional soundtrack
- "Viva La Vida" - Coldplay (general theme)
- "Bottle It Up" - Sara Bareilles (Dedina and Damião's theme)
- "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz (Cassiano's theme)
- "Carry You Home" - James Blunt (Augusto César's theme)
- "Love is Noise" - The Verve
- "That's Not My Name" - The Ting Tings (Alícia's theme)
- "Blame" - Tiago Iorc (Halley's theme)
- "Fidelity" - Regina Spektor (Lara's theme)
- "Sweet About Me" - Gabriella Cilmi
- "No Substitute Love" - Estelle (location theme)
- "Baby When the Light" - David Guetta (Orlandinho's theme / nightclub theme)
- "Pumpkin Soup" - Kate Nash (location theme)
- "Young Folks" - Peter Bjorn and John
|Timeslot||# Ep.||Premiere||Finale||Rank||Season||Rating average|
In his first chapter, A Favorita recorded 35 points and 49% share, with the worst debut of a 8PM telenovela to date. These ratings are low due to the good performance of the final chapter of Caminhos do Coração, displayed simultaneously.
The ratings varied greatly over the weeks, until in Chapter 56, the telenovela recorded his record: 46 points and 65% share. Lowest audience was recorded on New Year's Eve: 25 points with a peak of 32.
In the final chapters, showed better performance: 52 points/76% share in the penultimate chapter; and 52 points/69.4% share in the last chapter, being the most watched broadcasts of recent years in Brazilian television.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina / Program plus / June 13, 2011 - January 24, 2012
- Montenegro / TV Vijesti / November 28, 2011 – present
- Kosovo / RTV 21 / April 15, 2011 - November 29, 2011
- Kenya / Citizen TV
- Canada / OMVI 1
- Iran / PMC
- Macedonia / Sitel TV / 03.05.2013–present
- Armenia /Armenia TV /
- Viver a Vida" tem pior audiência da década e recorde de merchandising|data=9 de maio de 2010
- Andréia Takano. "Estreia de 'A Favorita' tem audiência abaixo das expectativas: 35 pontos". O Fuxico. Ofuxico.terra.com.br.
- 'A Favorita' marca 40 no primeiro dia do ano. Veja as audiências
- Patrícia Kogut. "'A Favorita' bate novo recorde de audiência". O Globo.
- Patrícia Kogut. "'Maysa' cai para 23. Veja principais audiências". O Globo.
- Subtitled episodes
- A Favorita at the Internet Movie Database
- A Favorita (Brazilian Website) (in Portuguese)
June 2, 2008—January 17, 2009
Caminho das Índias