A Film Unfinished
|A Film Unfinished|
|Directed by||Yael Hersonski|
|Produced by||Itai Ken-Tor
|Written by||Yael Hersonski|
|Narrated by||Rona Kenan|
|Music by||Yishai Adar|
|Edited by||Joel Alexis|
|Language||English with subtitles for Hebrew, German and Polish|
A Film Unfinished (Hebrew title: שתיקת הארכיון Shtikat haArkhion, German title: Geheimsache Ghettofilm) is a 2010 documentary film by Yael Hersonski, which re-examines the making of an unfinished 1942 German propaganda film (titled Das Ghetto, "The Ghetto") depicting the Warsaw Ghetto two months before the mass extermination of its inhabitants in the German operation known as the Grossaktion Warsaw. The documentary features interviews with surviving ghetto residents and a re-enactment of testimony from Willy Wist, one of the camera operators who filmed scenes for Das Ghetto. It premiered at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival, where it won the "World Cinema Documentary Editing Award". At the Hot Docs festival in Toronto, the film won the Best International Feature award. The film was released theatrically in the US on 18 August 2010.
The film's distributor, Oscilloscope, appealed to the MPAA over the film's R rating, but were unsuccessful in reclassifying the film. Oscilloscope says the R rating is inconsistent with cultural norms because the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, which is visited by school children, has more graphic footage.
- Etan Vlessing (2010-05-07). "'Film Unfinished' wins at Hot Docs fest". The Hollywood Reporter. AP. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- Sundance Film Festival 2010 Archived March 28, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. entry, Retrieved 3 August 2010
- Variety.com, Retrieved 3 August
- Variety.com, Retrieved 6 August
- Catsoulis, Jeanette (August 17, 2010). "A Film Unfinished". The New York Times. Retrieved August 18, 2010.
- Should the Holocaust be Rated R?, Speakeasy, A Wall Street Journal Blog, August 3, 2010
- A Film Unfinished at the Internet Movie Database
- A Film Unfinished at Rotten Tomatoes
- A Film Unfinished at Metacritic
- A film Unfinished[permanent dead link] at World War 2 Films
- A Film Unfinished site for Independent Lens on PBS
- A Film Unfinished official web site
- Das Ghetto the original German propaganda film
|This article about a historical documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a German film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|