A Flickering Truth
|A Flickering Truth|
|Directed by||Pietra Brettkelly|
|Produced by||Pietra Brettkelly|
|Written by||Pietra Brettkelly|
|Music by||Benjamin Wallfisch|
A Flickering Truth is a 2015 New Zealand documentary film written and directed by Pietra Brettkelly. It follows the attempts by Ibrahim Arify to restore the Afghan Film archives in Kabul following the Taliban capture of the city. It world premiered in the Venice Classics section at the 72nd edition of the Venice Film Festival. It was selected as the New Zealand entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 89th Academy Awards but it was not nominated.
- Ibrehim Arif
- Mahmoud Ghafouri
- Isaaq Yousif
Awards and accolades
The movie received the Cercle D'or award for Best Documentary in the International competition at the Festival Cinéma du monde de Sherbrooke. 
- List of submissions to the 89th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of New Zealand submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "A Flickering Truth (2016)". The Numbers. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- Freja Dam (4 September 2015). "Venice Film Fest 2015 Women Directors: Meet Pietra Brettkelly - 'A Flickering Truth'". Indiewire. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- Deborah Young (20 September 2015). "'A Flickering Truth': Venice Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "A Flickering Truth NZ's entry for foreign language Academy Award". News Hub. 12 September 2016. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Bulbeck, Pip (21 September 2016). "Oscars: New Zealand Selects 'A Flickering Truth' for Foreign-Language Category". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 21 September 2016.
- "Et les lauréats de la quatrième édition sont…". fcms.ca. 10 April 2017. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
|This article about a documentary film about the arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a New Zealand film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|