A Frames (band)
|Years active||1999 to 2010|
|Labels||previous: S-S Records, Dragnet Records current: Sub Pop Records|
|Associated acts||The Intelligence
Climax Golden Twins
Le Sang Song
|Website||A Frames at MySpace|
|Members||Erin Sullivan (vocalist, guitarist)
Min Yee (bassist)
Thomas Northcut (drums)
A Frames were a postpunk, noise rock band formed in Seattle, Washington in 1999. The trio consists of Erin Sullivan, Min Yee and Thomas Northcut. The band was called Bend Sinister from 1996 to 1999. A Frames cites Cows, Scientists, Stick Men With Ray Guns, Scratch Acid, Joy Division, and 60's garage rock among its influences. A Frames started its own label, Dragnet Records, in January 2000 in order to release their music, and later the band signed with Sub Pop Records in 2004 for the release of Black Forest. In 2006, original drummer Lars Finberg left the band to focus full-time on The Intelligence, a band in which both Min and Erin have played bass at various points.
A Frames sing about technology and apocalyptic cultural shifts, although many of the lyrics and themes are meant to be humorous. The band's style has also been described as experimental noise as  the vocals are dark, monotone and bleak while the sound is aggressive. The drum beat is often mechanical and pounding, producing a raw, minimalistic sound. The sloppy, chaotic and sharp chords, however, are kept in line by the ever-steady rhythm.
- "Neutron Bomb/Radiation Generation/Test Tube Baby" 7" (2000, Dragnet Records)
- "Plastica/Hospital" 7" (2001) (S-S Records)
- "Crutches/Membrane/Weissensee (Neu!)" 7" (2003, Royal Records)
- "Complications/Frankenstein" 7" (2004, S-S Records)
- "Police 1000/Traction" 7" (2006, S-S Records)
- A-Frames LP/CD (2002, S-S Records, Dragnet, re-issued on Born Bad Records, France in 2007)
- 2 LP/CD (2003, S-S Records, re-issued on Born Bad Records, France in 2007)
- Black Forest LP/CD (2005, Sub Pop Records)
- "Bumble Bee" on Babyhead LP, (S-S Records, 2004)
- "X.M.A.S." on Surprise Package CD (Flying Bomb Records)
- "I Wanna Hurt" on The Necessary Effect CD (Xeroid Records)
- Sup Pop Records
- Schroeder, Audra (2005-03-18). "Live Shots: A Frames". The Austin Chronicle. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- C., Jenny (February 2007). "The A Frames: Greatness Rides In A Station Wagon". The Nerve Magazine. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- City Pages
- Williams, Richard T. (2005-04-22). "A Frames: Black Forest". PopMatters. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- Dragnet Records MySpace
- S-S Records Website
- S-S Records MySpace
- Zerodent interview with Erin Sullivan