A Game of Death
|A Game of Death|
|Directed by||Robert Wise|
|Produced by||Herman Schlom|
|Written by||Norman Houston|
|Based on||"The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell|
|Music by||Paul Sawtell|
|Cinematography||J. Roy Hunt|
|Edited by||J.R. Whittredge|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
A Game of Death is a 1945 film directed by Robert Wise. It is a remake of Richard Connell's short story, "The Most Dangerous Game", about a madman who hunts human prey on his personal island habitat. It stars John Loder and Audrey Long. In the original story and 1932 movie, the madman is a Russian. In this version the madman is a German.
- John Loder as Don Rainsford
- Audrey Long as Ellen Trowbirdge
- Edgar Barrier as Erich Kreiger
- Russell Wade as Robert Trowbridge
- Russell Hicks as Mr. Whitney
- Jason Robards (Sr.) as the Captain
- Noble Johnson as Carib
- "A Game of Death: Detail View". American Film Institute. Retrieved April 28, 2014.
- Of Local Origin New York Times 20 Nov 1945: 18.
- SCREEN NEWS: Karloff Will Continue 'Horror' Roles at RKO Of Local Origin Special to THE NEW YORK TIMES.. New York Times 18 Jan 1945: 15.
- NEWS OF THE SCREEN: Bogart and Stanwyck Will Star in 'Fountainhead'-- 'Moscow Skies' Due at the Stanley Today Special to THE NEW YORK TIMES.. New York Times 20 Jan 1945: 16.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: A Game of Death|
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|