A Game of Thrones: Genesis
|A Game of Thrones: Genesis|
|Publisher(s)||Focus Home Interactive|
A Game of Thrones: Genesis is a strategy video game developed by Cyanide and published by Focus Home Interactive released exclusively for Microsoft Windows on September 28, 2011 in North America, September 29, 2011 in Europe and October 13, 2011 in Australia.
The game is an adaptation of the A Song of Ice and Fire book series by George R. R. Martin and is the first such video game adaptation. The game takes place over 1,000 years of the fictional history of Westeros, beginning with the arrival of the Rhoynar led by the warrior-queen Nymeria.
Gameplay focuses on capturing nodes—castles, towns and goldmines—with characters. Emphasis is placed on the rock-paper-scissors mechanics of "underhanded" characters rather than the brute force combat strength of traditional realtime strategy games.
Each house has special units and abilities. House Stark has direwolves and House Baratheon has better archers for example.
The game has two modes of play: Versus and Campaign. The game features four main facets: diplomacy, military, economic, and underhand.
- Remo, Chris (2010-07-16). "Cyanide Creating A Video Game Of Thrones RTS, RPG Based On Fantasy Series". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2011-02-15.
- "The Next Big Thing Introduces Liz Allaire with New Video and Screens!". Gamasutra. 2011-02-09. Retrieved 2011-02-15.
- Poeter, Damon (2011-07-13). "Game of Thrones the Video Game Hits This Summer". PC Magazine. Retrieved 17 July 2011.
- McCormick, Rich. "A Game of Thrones: Genesis preview". PC Gamer. Retrieved 17 July 2011.
- "A Game of Thrones: Genesis (PC)". GameRankings. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- "A Game of Thrones: Genesis Critic Reviews for PC". Metacritic. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
|This strategy video game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|