|A Gentleman: Sundar, Susheel, Risky|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Raj Nidimoru and Krishna D.K.|
|Produced by||Fox Star Studios|
|Written by||Sumit Bhateja (Dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||Raj & D.K.|
Raj & D.K.|
|Edited by||Aarif Sheikh|
|Distributed by||Fox Star Studios|
|Box office||₹38.3 cr|
A Gentleman: Sundar, Susheel, Risky is a 2017 Indian action comedy film, written and directed by Raj & D. K. It was released on 25 August 2017 and stars Sidharth Malhotra and Jacqueline Fernandez.
Gaurav Kapoor (Sidharth Malhotra), based in suburban Miami, plans to get hitched to his colleague Kavya (Jacqueline Fernandez), who happens to be the woman of his dreams, but she prefers a man who is more adventurous and risk-loving. Parallel to the same runs the story of clandestine spy Rishi Purohit (Sidharth Malhotra), who is seen to have been trying to extract some crucial substance from the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok. However, when a co-spy, Yakub (Darshan Kumaar), shoots down an innocent civilian, the dishonest move enrages Rishi. Nonetheless, he returns to Mumbai, where it is revealed that he works for Unit X, a spy organisation headed by Colonel Vijay Saxena (Suniel Shetty). Rishi explains to Col. Vijay that he can't continue with such routines, and that he wants to start life afresh. Col. Vijay asks him to perform one last job for him, and this involves spying on a minister who Col. Vijay claims to be corrupted and wants to blackmail, and copying data from his cellphone into a hard drive which is wanted by Col. Vijay. Rishi does save contents into the hard drive, but Col. Vijay, thinking that Rishi is useless, instructs Yakub through a text message to kill him. However, Rishi senses the suspicion, and fights off Yakub and other co-spies. Yakub manages to shoot him, but Rishi disappears.
Gaurav, in the meantime, tries to hang out with Kavya on a date, and also meets her parents, who consider getting him married to Kavya. Meanwhile, he is ordered by his boss to visit Mumbai to crack a business consignment. Rewinding to Rishi's life, it is shown that he is intercepted by some security officers, one of whom happens to be a man named Gaurav Kapoor, who works in a cyber firm in Mumbai, and has important data about the minister's connections. Rishi decides to move away, and impersonates Gaurav, who has been killed in an accident. A chain of events soon ends up revealing that Gaurav is in fact Rishi himself, and that he switched to Gaurav's identity to live a peaceful life and have a decent yet beautiful family.
Gaurav is soon attacked by some goons who happen to be potential sleeper agents for Unit X, and hides the body of one of them in his car, which is noticed by his friend Dixit, who tries to bail him out of the trouble that ensues. Finally, Yakub and other Unit X agents track Gaurav down, and confront him, where he finally confesses, as Rishi, that he needed a life, but he is knocked down unconscious, and soon finds himself tied to the floor with Kavya. However, Gaurav uses his skills to evict Kavya from the trouble, and succeeds eventually, but ultimately ends up confessing to her that he is a retired spy officer. Kavya berates him, but takes pity on him when she notices blood wounds over his stomach. The two share a kiss and soon find themselves under fire after Unit X agents, headed by Yakub, raid the hotel they are staying in. Rishi hatches a quick scheme to retrieve the data, since the hard drive is damaged, and convinces Yakub that it would be their very last mission.
Rishi executes the heist with success, but security officers take notice of it all and begin chasing Rishi, and Yakub backfires on him by aborting the operation. They meet at Rishi's House, where Rishi kills most of Yakub's henchmen with the help of Kavya. However, Rishi spares Yakub and two of his thugs and orders him to leave in his car. Yakub soon realizes that the hard drive Rishi sent is void, and the car dickey contains the corpse of Koko, the henchman sent earlier by Jignesh to kidnap Rishi. They end up being confronted by local Police after an overspeeding Dixit wrecks their car in a side collision, whereupon they discover the corpse and Yakub and his thugs are killed by the cops as they open fire. Col. Vijay raids his hideout, but is killed in a premeditated explosion planned by Rishi. This renders Unit X futile, and Rishi and Kavya soon head on as Hemant and Pooja Khanna, a rank couple whose passports are stolen by Rishi.
A mid-credit scene shows Gaurav's friend, Dixit, buying some machine guns from a local gun store in Miami, before putting on a hoodie and walking away.
- Sidharth Malhotra as Gaurav/Rishi
- Jacqueline Fernandez as Kavya Kapoor
- Suniel Shetty as Colonel Vijay Kumar Saxena
- Darshan Kumaar as Yakub Sabri
- Hussain Dalal as Dikshit
- Rajit Kapur as Kavya's Father
- Supriya Pilgaonkar as Devki Verma Kavya'Grand Mother
- Amit Mistry as Jignesh Patel
- Sijoy Varghese as Ramachandra Rao
- Shaheed Woods as Koko
- Zachary Coffin as CEO Jim
- Hemant Koumar as Robbie
Siddharth Anand has stated that the movie was originally envisioned as a sequel to the 2014 film Bang Bang! However, it was later clarified in an interview that the movie would be a standalone.
Filming began in mid-2016 under the working title Reloaded. In September 2016, it was reported that the international shooting schedule of A Gentleman: Sundar, Susheel, Risky had been canceled. Later it was revealed by a close source that "...there will be another long schedule in December but the location is yet to be finalised. It could be in Europe." 
|A Gentleman: Sundar, Susheel, Risky|
|Soundtrack album by Sachin–Jigar|
|Released||17 August 2017|
|Genre||Feature film Soundtrack|
|Singles from A Gentleman|
The music of the film is composed by Sachin–Jigar while the lyrics have been penned by Vayu and Priya Saraiya. Its first song titled as "Disco Disco" sung by Benny Dayal and Shirley Setia was released on 17 July 2017. The second song to be released was "Bandook Meri Laila" which is sung by Ash King and Jigar Saraiya and rapped by Raftaar and Sidharth Malhotra was released on 24 July 2017. This is Sidharth Malhotra's debut song. It was the hittest song of the album. The third song "Baat Ban Jaye" sung by Siddharth Basrur and Priya Saraiya was released on 5 August 2017. The fourth song was a romantic one "Laagi Na Choote which was also a chartbuster after Bandook Meri Laila. It was release on 13 August 2017.The last but not the least song titled as "Chandralekha" which is sung by Vishal Dadlani and Jonita Gandhi was released on 24 August 2017.The soundtrack which includes 5 songs was released on 24 August 2017 by T-Series.
All music composed by Sachin–Jigar.
|1.||"Disco Disco"||Vayu||Benny Dayal, Shirley Setia||2:47|
|2.||"Baat Ban Jaye"||Priya Saraiya||Siddharth Basrur, Priya Saraiya||3:12|
|3.||"Chandralekha"||Vayu||Vishal Dadlani, Jonita Gandhi||3:12|
|4.||"Laagi Na Choote"||Priya Saraiya||Arijit Singh, Shreya Ghoshal||3:30|
|5.||"Bandook Meri Laila"||Vayu||Ash King, Jigar Saraiya Rap: Raftaar, Sidharth Malhotra||3:34|
Times of India rated the film 3.5 stars out of 5 and concluded, "The film would have been a perfect entertainer had it held its cards closer to its chest. However, it still has plenty bang for your buck."
Hindustan Times gave the film 3 out of 5, saying: A Gentleman is not a flawless film but Raj and DK have managed to narrate the story in their own quirky style and their dialogues and the screenplay make it fun to watch.
The movie released on 24 August in Dubai, UAE. Dollz in Dubai gave it 3.5 out of 5 stars calling it a masala entertainer and wrote "It’s a big step for Siddharth Malhotra who manages to carry the film and commands the screen with his presence. Yes, he’s good looking but he pulls off the action sequences really well."
- "A Gentleman - Sundar Susheel Risky - Movie - Box Office India". boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- Aug 26, 2017 - 11:12 am IST (2017-08-26). "Box Office: Worldwide Collections and Day wise breakup of A Gentleman". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- "Sidharth Malhotra, Jacqueline Fernandez start shooting for their action film". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "Save The Date! Sidharth Malhotra and Jacqueline Fernandez starrer 'Reload' to release on August 25, 2017 on Ganesh Chaturthi weekend! | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". Dnaindia.com. 2016-12-14. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "Bang Bang sequel on?". Deccan Chronicle. 12 October 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "'Bang Bang': A sequel in the pipeline?". Zeenews.india.com. 8 October 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif's 'Bang Bang' to have a Sequel Soon?". Ibtimes.co.in. 7 October 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Sidharth Malhotra gets injured on Reload sets". The Indian Express. 2016-12-15. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "International shooting schedule of 'Bang Bang Reloaded' scrapped | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". Dnaindia.com. 2016-09-14. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "Sidharth Malhotra and Jacqueline Fernandezâ€™s Reloaded to be shot in Thailand now". Filmfare.com. 2016-09-09. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "A Gentleman's first look out now". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2017-06-05. Retrieved 2017-06-06.
- "A Gentleman Movie Review". Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- "A Gentleman movie review: Sidharth Malhotra takes you on a risky ride, but it's worth it". Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- +Ekta (2017-08-24). "Movie Review: A Gentleman – Sundar, Susheel, Risky". Dollz in Dubai. Retrieved 2017-08-24.