A Grape Dope
A Grape Dope
|Birth name||John Herndon|
|Also known as||Johnny Machine|
Long Island, North Carolina
|Genres||Instrumental hip hop, indie hip hop, jazz, post-rock, electronica, progressive rock, dub|
|Associated acts||Bird Show Band, Bumps, The Eternals, Exploding Star Orchestra, Five Style, The For Carnation, From Beyond, Isotope 217, Poster Children, Powerhouse Sound, Precious Wax Drippings, Pulsar Quartet, Rob Mazurek Octet, Rob Mazurek Quintet, Starlicker, Tortoise, Underground Jazz Trio|
John Herndon is a drummer of the bands Tortoise and Isotope 217. He produced Deep Puddle Dynamics' song entitled "More from June" in 2002. He released the Missing Dragons EP under the alias A Grape Dope on Galaxia in 2003. It features a guest appearance from rapper Doseone.
- Backyard Bangers (2020)
- Immediate Action (2000)
- Missing Dragons (2003)
- Themselves - "You Devil You" and "Hat in the Wind" from The No Music (2002)
- Doseone - "By Horoscope Light I&II" from Ha (2005)
- Tommy Guerrero - "Birds Over Head (John Herndon Remix)" from Junk Collector (2001)
- Trans Am - "Cold War" from Extremixxx (2002)
- Themselves - "Dr. Moonorgun Please" from The No Music of AIFFS (2003)
- Via Tania - "On Sawyer" from Boltanski (2004)
- Via Tania - "Felt Cave" from True (2005)
- Ankeny, Jason. "John Herndon". Allmusic.
- Gordon, Scott (May 27, 2009). "Tortoise's John Herndon to DJ with Madison's Ka-Boom!Box at Mickey's". The A.V. Club. Archived from the original on June 15, 2012.
- "A GRAPE DOPE, "MISSING DRAGONS"". Brainwashed.
- Hunt, Sam (March 31, 2002). "Dusted Reviews: Deep Puddle Dynamics / Anticon - More From June / We Ain't Fessin' (double quotes)". Dusted Magazine.
- Bryant, Andrew (July 2, 2003). "A Grape Dope: Missing Dragons EP". Pitchfork Media.
- Lee, Andy (May 2003). "A Grape Dope - Missing Dragons". Exclaim!.
- A Grape Dope discography at Discogs
- John Herndon discography at Discogs
- U-Sheen discography at Discogs