Nomenclature of Organic Chemistry
Hardcover 2013 edition
|Author||International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry|
|Publisher||Royal Society of Chemistry|
|1979 (1st edition)|
Nomenclature of Organic Chemistry, commonly referred to by chemists as the Blue Book, is a collection of recommendations on organic chemical nomenclature published at irregular intervals by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC). A full edition was published in 1979, an abridged and updated version of which was published in 1993 as A Guide to IUPAC Nomenclature of Organic Compounds. Both of these are now out-of-print in their paper versions, but are available free of charge in electronic versions. After the release of a draft version for public comment in 2004 and the publication of several revised sections in the journal Pure and Applied Chemistry, a fully revised version was published in print in 2013.
- Nomenclature of Inorganic Chemistry (the Red Book)
- Quantities, Units and Symbols in Physical Chemistry (the Green Book)
- Compendium of Chemical Terminology (the Gold Book)
- Compendium of Analytical Nomenclature (the Orange Book)
- Rigaudy, J.; Klesney, S. P., eds. (1979). Nomenclature of Organic Chemistry. IUPAC/Pergamon Press. ISBN 0-08022-3699.
- Panico R, Powell WH, Richer JC, eds. (1993). A Guide to IUPAC Nomenclature of Organic Compounds. IUPAC/Blackwell Science. ISBN 0-632-03488-2.
- Preferred names in the nomenclature of organic compounds, International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, retrieved 2009-11-22.
- IUPAC Chemical Nomenclature and Structure Representation Division (2013). Favre, Henri A.; Powell, Warren H., eds. Nomenclature of Organic Chemistry: IUPAC Recommendations and Preferred Names 2013. IUPAC–RSC. ISBN 978-0-85404-182-4.
- Searchable Internet version of the 1979 and 1993 recommendations
- 2004 draft recommendations (the proposed new version of the Blue Book)
- IUPAC Nomenclature Books Series (commonly known as the "Colour Books")
- Bibliography of translations
- Official corrigendum to the 1993 recommendations
|This article about a reference book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a chemistry-related book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|