A Haunted House and Other Short Stories
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
First edition cover
|Cover artist||Vanessa Bell|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
A Haunted House is a 1944 collection of 18 short stories by Virginia Woolf. It was produced by her husband Leonard Woolf after her death although in the foreword he states that they had discussed its production together.
- The first six stories appeared in her only previous collection Monday or Tuesday in 1921 :
- The next six appeared in magazines between 1922 and 1941 :
- The final six were unpublished, although only "Moments of Being" and "The Searchlight" were finally revised by Virginia Woolf herself :
- "'Moments of Being"
- "The Man who Loved his Kind"
- "The Searchlight"
- "The Legacy"
- "Together and Apart"
- "A Summing Up"
- foreword by Leonard Woolf, 1st edition
- The Legacy, full text and audio file
- The Searchlight, full text and audio file
- A Haunted House Movie Trailers
- A Haunted House public domain audiobook at LibriVox
|This article about a collection of short stories is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|