|Founded||1995Manchester, United Kingdomin|
|Founders||Andy Bell and Nicholas Littlefair|
|Headquarters||Trafford House, Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Andy Bell (Chief Executive)|
|Products||SIPP, SSAS, ISA, Junior ISA, GIA|
|Brands||AJ Bell Investcentre, AJ Bell Youinvest, AJ Bell Securities, AJ Bell Media|
Number of employees
AJ Bell is a private limited company that provides online investment platforms and stockbroker services. It was formed in Manchester in 1995 by Andy Bell and Nicholas Littlefair.
The company currently has around 140,000 clients and has assets under administration exceeding £31.8 billion. Andy Bell is the company's Chief Executive. Nicholas Littlefair moved to a non-executive role in 2009, before leaving the company in 2011.
AJ Bell's head office is in Manchester. The company also owns a specialist financial publishing business in London called AJ Bell Media, as well as a stockbroking business with offices in Tunbridge Wells.
AJ Bell's main platform business operates under four core brands:
- AJ Bell Youinvest (https://www.youinvest.co.uk, formerly known as Sippdeal) is a direct-to-customer platform, offering a low-cost SIPP, ISA and Dealing (Trading) Account.
- AJ Bell Investcentre (http://www.investcentre.co.uk, formerly known as Sippcentre) offers an SIPP, ISA and general investment account (GIA) and is only available to customers via Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised financial advisers.
- AJ Bell Platinum (http://www.ajbellplatinum.co.uk) is a bespoke SIPP and SSAS provider offering customers a bespoke (custom) service.
- AJ Bell Securities (http://www.ajbellsecurities.co.uk) is the company's stockbroking arm.
AJ Bell also provides third party SIPP administration services.
- "Firing Line: Andy Bell". ftadviser.com.
- AJ Bell (8 June 2015). "AJ Bell Attracts £21 Million Woodford Investment". prnewswire.co.uk.
- "Financial Planner Online - AJ Bell acquires financial publisher MSM Media". financialplanneronline.co.uk.
- "AJ Bell appoints pensions MD".
- "AJ Bell introduces capped annual charge on revamped D2C platform".
- "Pick the best (and cheapest) investment Isa platform - This is Money". This is Money.
- Patrick Collinson. "Investing charges: where should you put your money?". the Guardian.
- "Sippcentre rebrands as AJ Bell Investcentre". ftadviser.com.
- "AJ Bell Investcentre GIA now via Canadian Life offshore bonds". FTSE Global Markets.
- "Everything you need to know about the AJ Bell Platinum SIPP - Investment Sense". Investment Sense.
- Nicholas Paler. "AJ Bell to launch platform next year". New Model Adviser.
- "More transparency for platforms, but more complexity too". Financial Times.